(Surprise) When Changkyun finds out that Yejin is the girl he met on the dating site

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

15%2B-%2B1

tumblr_njygc8VbmF1tby0kjo1_r1_250.gif

For: shinigami_aim

Partner: Monsta X's I.M.

Feel free to request again!

pagebreak1.png

For the past couple of weeks, the amount of words between Changkyun and Yejin decreased.

The reason? They were always on their phones.

Yejin claimed that she's on social media while Changkyun said he was always talking to his friends. The pair of best friends would still meet everyday afterschool but somehow always ended up looking at the small screens, smiling and laughing to themselves.

The truth was that Changkyun started dating online on an app that Hyungwon introduced him to. Before he knew it, he met someone who was loving, caring, intelligent, and witty. He thought it was too good to be true. But he kept his hopes up and decided to ask her to meet him.

She was already one step ahead of him, asking him to meet this Saturday at noon. Changkyun couldn't keep his goofy smile off his face for the whole week.

Yejin saw his face and laughed. "Dude, what's up with your face?" Changkyun looked at his best friend with a blank face. "What face? My face is normal." The goofy smile quickly appeared again, making Yejin more. "You got a girl, huh? Huh?"

Yejin scooted closer and tried to grab his phone. Changkyun gasped and stood up, raising his arm in the air so she wouldn't be able to get it. Yejin frowned and sat down in defeat. "Fine, you win. But you better introduce her to me before you get serious."  Yejin warned him, "Girls are scarier than you think, Im Changkyun." 

She clucked her tongue against the roof of and tilted her head. "But girls know girls. So I'll let you know if she's a keeper or not." Changkyun scoffed and plopped down right next to her. "Who are you to control who I date or not?" Yejin gawked at him and punched his arm. "I do not want to spend the rest of my life with some spoiled brat who only likes you for your good looks."

Changkyun quirked a brow. "You just called me good looking." Yejin flustered and pretended to scoff at him, ignoring his statement. "Are you going to introduce me or not?" Changkyun didn't answer. Yejin quickly head locked him and stood up. Changkyun yelled out in pain, laughing at the same time. "Fine! Fine! You win!"

Changkyun looked up from his homework when he got a text from Yejin. "Do you want to get ice cream tomorrow??" He smiled and immediately replied, "Of course! You pay." "Ugh, fine. See you tomorrow~" Changkyun chuckled before setting his phone down and going back to his homework. He furrowed his brows when he realized something. She writes just like shinigami_aim.

He picked his phone up and quickly checked the app and gasped, "It's exactly the same. The two question marks, the squiggle after 'tomorrow'." His heart skipped a beat, secretly hoping that it was Yejin. He quickly shook his head and scoffed at himself. "Stop getting your hopes up, Im Changkyun. You have to forget about your feelings for your best friend." He sighed and continued working on his homework to get his mind off of Yejin.

Changkyun held his chest as he took a deep breath. He smiled at the flowers in his hands and confidently walked the streets of Apgujeong. But his confidence slowly died away as he got closer to the cafe. He stared up at the two story cafe, wondering what she would look like. You can do this, Im Changkyun. You already like her and she already likes you. Nothing will go wrong. 

He pumped his fist in the air while yelling out loud, "Fighting!" Changkyun glacned around at the peope staring at him and cleared his throat, walking inside. Not seeing any single female on the first floor, he headed up the stairs and searched the second floor. His face lit up when he saw a girl sitting facing the window at the back corner.

"Hello, you must be-" Changkyun almost fell back when she turned to look at him. "Ch-Choi Yejin? Yah, what are you doing here?" He looked around the room to make sure that there wasn't any other single lady waiting for him.

Yejin's jaw dropped when she saw the flowers he was holding. Pink roses?! That's what I told him I liked. She gawked at her best friend. They both gasped as reality hit them.

"You're the girl from the dating site?!"

"You're the boy from the dating site?!"

Yejin gulped down the glass of water and set it down, making a loud thump. "I can't believe it." Changkyun sighed.

"Same here."

He glanced at her and sighed when he saw her dejected face. She was probably hoping for someone else. Not her best friend. "Look, let's just pretend like this never hap-"

"I can't believe I didn't realize it before!" Changkyun raised a brow, "Huh?" Yejin frustratedly sighed. "I should've recognized your messages. And how we were always on our phones at the same time. How you were all smiley whenever you were on it. It all makes sense now." She sat back and relaxed onto her chair.

"If I knew you would like me back, I would've confessed years ago." Changkyun choked on his water. Like her back? Confess? "Choi Yejin, are you saying-"

"Yes, I like you." Changkyun's jaw dropped. "Y-You like me?" Yejin sighed, "I never told you because I didn't want to ruin anything." Changkyun smiled as if he had just won the lottery.

"Choi Yejin!" He abruptly stood up while shouting her name. Other customers looked at him strangely but he didn't care. He shot his arms out in the air and looked at her embarrassed face. "Let's get married!" Yejin gawked at him, "What?! Are you crazy? Hurry up and sit down!"

She bent over the table and pushed his shoulders down, putting him back in his seat. She flicked his forehead. "Ow!" "Are you crazy?" She repeated her question. "We're still in high school." Changkyun shrugged, "So? I like you. You like me. We should get married." He cheekily grinned at her, making her heart skip a beat.

"S-Still. Shouldn't you ask me to be your girlfriend and not your wife?" He shrugged, "Same thing." Yejin sighed and facepalmed herself. "You're an idiot, Im Changkyun." He gave her a boyish smile. "But you still love me." Yejin started to smile as he wiggled his eyebrows at her.

"Here, these are for you." Her face lit up as she took the pink roses from him and smelled them.

Hyungwon and Minhyuk peered over their menus and smiled. "I told you it'd work out." Minhyuk nodded, "I would've slapped them if they didn't get together before they graduated." Hyungwon shook his head and sighed, "Such innocent children."

They both sighed at the same time and looked at one another. "When are you getting a girlfriend?" Hyungwon scoffed, "Look who's talking." Minhyuk mimicked his words with a weird, earning a smack on the back of his head. He pouted and rubbed his head.

They both scowled at each other before sighing again and looking at the new couple at the other side of the room. "Mission complete."