(Surprise) When The8 finds Sungmi's diary

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

16%2B-%2B1

tumblr_nrhk5sheyd1qg83sso2_r1_400.gif

For: isabellea

Partner: Seventeen's THE8

Thanks for waiting! I hope you like it~

pagebreak1.png

Sungmi rolled her eyes. She couldn't believe The8.

He was failing half of his classes and he was playing video games. Video games. 

"Minghao, you have to study."

The8 kept his eyes on the tv screen as his fingers moved rapidly. He his lips in concentration. 

"It's alright. I can graduate with a 2.0 GPA."

Sungmi's jaw dropped. "You're not serious."

The8 didn't bother to answer and yelled when he almost got killed. 

Sungmi shook her head and grabbed her things. "Fine. But I'm coming back tomorrow so that you can study."

The8 hummed in response and didn't walk her out. He was too immersed in the game to care about anything else.

Sungmi sighed and closed the front door. She turned around and glared at the door.

"You better be glad that I'm willing to help." She huffed and stalked out of the gate.


"He skipped again?"

This was the third time this week that The8 skipped school, and it was a Wednesday.

Sungmi frustratedly groaned and snuck her phone out during class. She angrily typed and sent the message before the teacher could catch her.

"Where are you?!"

Sungmi checked her phone every minute and frowned each time because he didn't reply. 

"I'm still going to your house today!"

She shoved her phone back into her desk and paid attention to the teacher.


Sungmi put in the passcode for his front door and walked inside. "Minghao-"

She gawked at him. He was in front of the tv, with the same clothes on in the same position, munching on a sour gummy worm with the controller in his hands.

"You stayed up all night playing?! No wonder you didn't answer my text."

"Hey," he nonchalantly greeted her. 

She shook her head. "This is why you're failing. If you and pay attention in clas- I mean, go to class, you'd be acing everything like before."

She frowned when he didn't respond. Sungmi thought that she had enough of him and his games.

She stomped over and took the controller out of his hands.

"Hey!" The8 finally looked at her with a glare.

"You have to stop! You're addicted! Now go to your room and get your books."

The8 scowled, "Yes, mom."

Sungmi chuckled as he stomped upstairs like a little kid. 

The8 came back with his books. Sungmi was at the door with her shoes on.

"Uh, where are you going?"

"My house. It's too messy here. I can't concentrate."

He whined but followed her.

"Ugh, I hate physics." The8 sat down at the table while Sungmi went upstairs to change.

He looked around and groaned. "I don't have a pencil."

"I'm going to use your pencil!" The8 yelled. Sungmi didn't reply but he opened her bag anyway. 

He hummed as he searched through her bag. Ah ha, here it is- What's this?

He took out a red leather book that had a pen stuck between it. "I'll use this pen."

The8 took the pen out and was about to put the book back in the backpack but stopped. He looked at the book in curiosity and looked up. 

"Sungmi?"

There was no response, which was a sign telling The8 that he was safe. He opened the book to a random page and read its contents.

"I finally got a dog today. He's brown and adorable- It's her diary." 

The8 smirked and flipped through the pages to find out any secrets his best friend was keeping from him. He chuckled as he read through.

"She's so cute, what the heck. Who still writes in bubble letters?"

He gawked at a certain entry. "She lost my Young Guns shirt? No wonder I haven't seen it in a while."

He flipped to the next page that had a couple of hearts drawn across it. He raised an eyebrow and read the first line.

"The way he walks past me-"

"What are you doing?!"

The8 looked up and immediately stood up, alarmed. 

Sungmi ran up to him with her arms stretched out. "Give it to me!" 

The8 stuck his arm in the air so that she can't reach.

"The way he flips his hair, the way he laughs, everything is so sweet-" He burst out laughing, "What is this, Choi Sungmi? A love poem?"

"Just give it back!"

"The way he talks to me, the way he looks at me," The8 climbed onto the couch to get higher.

"The way he smiles at me, everythings is so sweet; But there's one problem."

"Minghao!"

"He smiles, looks, and talks to me, but he doesn't love me."

The8's smug grin slid off his face as he continued to read. "Everything is so sweet except that; He finally has interest in me, he finally walks me home, he finally asks me out, everthing is so sweet; But this is all a dream."

The8's voice got softer. Sungmi was fuming and her face was red. 

"A dream full of lollipop flowers and candycane lamp posts; A dream full of my sweet thoughts; A dream that will never come true..."

Sungmi wasn't jumping anymore. The8 looked at her and was at a loss of words. 

"Sungmi...."

Sungmi snatched her diary from him and upstairs. Just then, the front door opened.

"Hey, hyung. What are you doing here?"

22736a265f7665eda9e5fd9d06ae8230.jpg

Hansol walked in with his skateboard and his hair was a mess. He noticed The8's shocked expression and furrowed his brows.

"Did something happen? Where's Sungmi noona?"

The8 his lips and carefully asked, "Does she tell you anything?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like....who she likes and stuff..."

Hansol clapped his hand over his mouth. "Dude! Did she finally tell you? She finally confessed! I told her to, but she wouldn't listen-"

"Confess? To who?"

Hansol looked at him in surprise. "Wait...she didn't tell you?"

The8 shook his head.

"She started liking you two years ago."

"W-What?!"

Hansol pursed his lips. "Oops. I messed it up, huh? Well," he picked up his skateboard ang opened the door. 

"I'll be back...later..."

The8 ran up the stairs and stood in front of her room. She likes me....she actually likes me. He bit his lower lip and smiled. He took a deep breath before knocking.

"Go away." Her voice was soft and shaking, but firm.

The8 opened the door anyway. Sungmi was sitting on her bed with red eyes.

She glared at him. "That's why I told you to stop. We're supposed to be friends. Now it's going to be uncomfortable between us."

He walked up to her and sat down next to her. 

"Not if we change that."

"What?"

"We don't have to be friends. We can be something more."

Sungmi looked at his eyes which lowered to her lips. The8 reached up and gently touched her cheek. 

Sungmi screamed on the inside but made sure it didn't show. He leaned forward, and she clenched her fists around her bedsheets.

She closed her eyes as his lips touched hers, creating sparks and fireworks in the air. His lips felt so soft and warm and she just wanted to keep-

The8 leaned back before it got heated. He smiled, "We can be this." He touched her hand and unwrapped her fingers from the sheets and wrapped it around his instead.

Sungmi looked at him and smiled. "Okay."

"Hey are you guys okay no- Oh."

Hansol awkwardly stood at the door. "Uh...I'll be back."

He closed the door and ran into his room.