When Yongguk finds out that Joyce is cheating on him but he loves her too much to let her go

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

tumblr_nz785ikild1rnkj5ho1_500.jpg

tumblr_nc268tq0Y61rvy9jpo2_500.gif

tumblr_nc268tq0Y61rvy9jpo3_500.gif

For: summerdust

Partner: Bap's Yongguk

Thanks for waiting!

pagebreak1.png

Yongguk looked at the clock again. It was 10:38pm.

Joyce was late, again. 

She always got off work at 6 and would come home right away to eat dinner with him.

For the past two months, Joyce came home past dinnertime or just not at all. She kept using the excuse that things were busy at work or that there was trouble at home.

Yongguk knew she was lying but he chose to believe all her lies.

Yongguk woke up to the sound of the door closing.

"Yongguk? What are you doing on the couch?"

Yongguk looked at the clock. It was 1:10am.

He put a lazy smile on his face. "I was waiting for you." And hoping you'd come early today. 

Joyce frowned, "I texted you saying that I'd be late. Don't wait next time. I'm going to go wash up."

Without a kiss or a hug or even a smile, Joyce walked upstairs.

Yongguk sighed and leaned back onto the couch and stared up at the ceiling.

He played with a silver object in his hand as tears threatened to fall down his face.

He held up the couple ring in the air. She left it again. 

He bitterly smirked, wiped his eyes, and walked upstairs.


Yongguk woke up with a pillow in his arms. Joyce was still asleep, facing the the other way.

They would always sleep in each others arms. Now, she always scooted to the end of the bed while he held the pillow, pretending it was her.

Yongguk knew it was pathetic but he didn't want to jump to conclusions.

Maybe what she was saying was true. Maybe she was still faithful to him.

Maybe they aren't falling apart.

Yongguk made pancakes with whip cream and strawberry and set it on the table.

It was a Saturday, thankfully. He could finally spend some time with her.

Joyce rushed down the stairs and picked up a banana from the kitchen counter.

Yongguk's eyes widened as she rushed to put her shoes on. "I made breakfast."

"My mom wants me to help her make kimchi for the upcoming party she's having next week. I'm coming home late." Joyce coldly said without looking at him and walked out the door.

Yongguk sighed and walked back to the kitchen to put the food away. He didn't feel like eating anymore.

Suddenly, his phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hyung! You're free right?" Yongguk sat on the couch. "Yeah. What's up?"

"Jaekyung and I are spending the day out for our anniversary. Can you and Joyce watch Youngjoon for me?" Youngjae pleaded.

Yongguk chuckled, "Alright. I'll be there in fifteen minutes."

He could hear Youngjae smiling, "You're the best, hyung! And thank Joyce for me."

Yongguk's smile faltered and his eyes dimmed. "I will." He hung up and plodded upstairs to get changed.

The door opened, revealing a five-year old boy with big eyes. "Gukkie hyung!"

Yongguk smiled and ruffled his hair. "Hey, kid. Ready to go?" Youngjoon beamed and nodded.

Youngjae came behind his little brother. "Thanks again hyung."

He looked behind Yongguk and raised a brow. "Where's Joyce? Youngjoon loves her."

Yongguk put on a fake grin. "She had to visit her familiy today."

Youngjae frowned, "She's been going there a lot lately. Are things alright, hyung?"

Yongguk nodded and smiled, reassuring him that things were good.

Youngjae left with Jaekyung and Yongguk was walking with Youngjoon, holding hands. "Where are we going?"

"Where do you want to go?"

Youngjoon held his chin, thinking before answering with his fist pumped in the air. "Ice cream!"

Yongguk chuckled, "Alright. Ice cream it is." Youngjoon cheered and skipped toward the park.

Youngjoon sat on the bench while his chocolate ice cream cone.

Yongguk clucked his tongue as Youngjoon smeared ice cream all over his mouth and cheek. "Aigoo. Look at you. You're all sticky now."

Youngjoon looked up at him with his innocent, big eyes before breaking out into a smile.

Yongguk got up from the bench to get napkins but stopped when he saw a couple eating ice cream together while holding hands.

The boy stopped walking and wiped the girl's mouth before pecking her lips, making the girl blush and giggle.

Yongguk's face hardened and he clenched his fist until his knuckles turned white.

He wished he hadn't see them. He wished he was just being paranoid.

He didn't want to believe that it was true, but now he saw her cheating on him right before his eyes.

Yongguk quickly turned around when the couple turned toward his direction.

He wiped his eyes and grabbed Youngjoon's hand before taking him home.

Yongguk sat on the couch again and waited for her. It became a routine for him, to keep checking the clock and be disappointed every time.

The door opened and closed. Yongguk got up and walked to the front door.

"You're still awak-" Joyce's words were cut off as Yongguk hugged her.

He caressed her hair and hugged her tighter breathing in her scent.

"Yongguk." Joyce tried to pull away but he wouldn't let her budge.

Yongguk nuzzled his face into her hair and closed his eyes. "I love you. You know that, right?"

Joyce momentarily stopped breathing. The last time she heard him say that was before she started seeing Seungcheol.

And it didn't affect her anymore.

Yongguk didn't expect her to say it back. He knew he lost her, but he was selfish and still wanted her for himself.

"I love you." He repeated.

"I know." Joyce breathed out before pulling back and walking past him to the bedroom.