(Changed) When Baekhyun and Taeyeon see each other on a blind date four years after their breakup

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

d3a41e12750843ce4077265445d08b70.jpg

tumblr_inline_o04wr0QEdk1rehnjn_500.gif 

For: summerdust

Partner: Exo's Baekhyun

Hope you don't mind the change! Enjoy~

pagebreak1.png

"What are you doing here?"

Baekhyun scowled at the person sitting across from him.

The last time they saw each other was four years ago at his graduation.

She went to support and congratulate him. But that wasn't all. She broke up with him out of the blue, and left without a reason.

And now she was back, sitting right in front of him.

"You heard that it was going to be a person from my university. You knew that he was my age and studying the same topic as I was. We could have been friends, but you still agreed to come." He scoffed.

Taeyeon bit her lip. Baekhyun downed all of his water and harshly put it down on the table.

"I came because of the 1%."

Baekhyun looked at her, trying to understand what she was saying. Taeyeon looked straight into his eyes.

"I came because of the 1% chance that it could be you." Baekhyun in his breath.

"I came because the person was from your university. Because he was the same age as you and studying architecture. Because...he could be you. But when I found out that he was from Seoul..."

Taeyeon searched his face. Baekhyun stared at her with an open mouth, waiting for her to continue.

"So I decided to believe in the 1% chance that you would hear about it. Hear about this blind date and come instead of the other guy because you still liked me. Because you still feel the same, like I do."

Baekhyun opened his mouth but couldn't make words to answer her.

Of course he still liked her. She was his first love, and he was still madly in love with her.

He was angry with her when she left without a reason, but he gradually became angry with himself for not stopping her.

Taeyeon bitterly smiled, "I know it's crazy, but I missed you." A tear rolled down her cheek.

Baekhyun reached out to wipe it for her but she beat him to it.

"I'm sorry. This is crazy. It was ridiculous of me to think that..." She quickly grabbed her bag and stood up. "I should go."

Baekhyun grabbed her wrist. "Don't. I lost you three years ago." He whispered, "I'm not losing you this time."

Taeyeon's shoulders started to shake as tears ran down her face.

Baekhyun got up and pulled her back into his embrace. He buried his face onto her shoulder as she leaned her back onto his chest.

"I'm not letting you go. Not again." Baekhyun whispered, sending chills down her body.

After their tears ran dry, they sat outside on a bench near her house.

"Why did you leave me?"

Taeyeon played with her fingers. Baekhyun put his hands on her shoulders and made her face him. "Why?"

She could see the pain in his eyes. The pain she caused when she broke his heart and left him four years ago.

"You got accepted to your dream school with full scholarship. One slip and you could've gotten kicked out. I didn't want to be the cause of that. I wanted you to do well and become the best architect out there. I would've just been a distraction."

Baekhyun scoffed with a smile lingering on his lips. "You know, you're selfish?"

Baekhyun chuckled at her shocked expression. He scooted closer and held her hands.

"You only think about yourself. Who said that I would get kicked out? Who said I would struggle because of you? I did great in high school and I would've been fine at college, even with you by my side."

Taeyeon relaxed, relieved that he wasn't mad.

"Actually, you made it harder for me." She visibly tensed up.

"I was a mess after you left. But I vowed to myself that I would become successful and appear in front of you. That we would meet again after we're ready."

He gently rubbed her hands and looked into her eyes. "And here we are. All grown up and successful."

Taeyeon smiled as a tear trailed down her face. Baekhyun gently wiped it away and hugged her.

"And I couldn't wish for anything more."

Taeyeon closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around him. She was glad that she believed in her 1%.

And Baekhyun was glad his friend asked him to go instead.

It was as if fate brought them together again, and they would never let each other go again.