When Ten is too shy to confess and embarrasses himself in front of Dayoung

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

tumblr_o5jhvtfZBT1vr0exgo1_500.png 

87d7b17da69b258e27889f90c15627e8.gif

For: Erinh1213

Partner: NCT's Ten

Thanks for waiting!

pagebreak1.png

Ten stretched his neck as he waited for the elevator.

"Ten-shi!" 

Ten turned to the familiar voice and felt his heart flutter. Dayoung was waving and running up to him after scanning her company card to enter.

She chuckled and stood next to him. "Good morning!"

"G-Good morning," he softly responded. 

The elevator dinged open and she stepped inside. "Aren't you coming in?"

Ten looked at her, flustered. "Right," he muttered before going inside.

"Twenty-first floor, right?"

Ten shied away to the back of the elevator. "Y-Yeah."

Dayoung pressed the 21 and 19 button. Ten bit his lip and played with his fingers as the elevator slowly took them up.

He shut his eyes. Why is this so slow? It's so awkward...

"I heard the they're serving sullungtang for lunch today. We should eat together."

Ten's ears perked up as his face blushed. Just us two? Gosh...what should I say? That's so intimidating. I should lie and say I have a meeting. No, lying is bad. I-

The elevator doors opened. "See you at lunch, Ten-shi." Dayoung smiled before walking out.

Ten stood there with his mouth hanging open as the doors closed.


Ten walked into the cafeteria a little earlier to avoid his crush. He quickly grabbed a tray and went in line when someone tapped his shoulder.

"Ten-shi!"

Ten jumped and almost dropped his tray. Dayoung laughed, "Sorry, I didn't mean for you to get scared."

Ten turned to her and slightly lowered his head. "It's fine."

"I can't wait to eat!"

Ten faced forward and internally groaned. Me too.

Ten glanced up at her a few times as he poked at his food while sitting across from Dayoung who was happily chewing away.

Maybe I should just confess to her. She's been asking to eat with me for a while now. Does she like me too? She might just think of me as a friend...

Ten bit his chopsticks in thought. But it wouldn't hurt to try.

"Ten-shi? Hello?"

Ten shook his mind out of his thoughts. "Huh?"

Dayoung chuckled, "I asked how things are going with the planning for the restaurant SM's opening."

"Oh, it's going great. We're almost done with the construction and it should be open in about a month or two."

Dayoung nodded and looked straight at his face. He only noticed after he was done talking and quickly looked at his food as he felt blood rush up to his ears.

"That's amazing. You sound really excited. You must really like your job. Plus, you're good at it."

She just complimented me. She's asking more about me.... Does she like me?

"Dayoung-shi. Can I ask you something?"

Dayoung put her chopsticks down and grabbed her spoon. "Yeah?"

Ten his lips. "C-Can I... Do you-"

"Dayoung!" 

Ten immediately shut his mouth and shoved a spoonful of rice in his mouth.

Dayoung turned around and gasped. "Hyesoo! You're finally back from China. How was the business trip?"

"Tiring, but I finally get a few weeks off."

Ten continued to shove random side dishes into his mouth until he felt like it would explode. Dayoug laughed while talking to her friend when Ten started coughing.

Dayoung's smile disappeared. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

Ten covered his mouth in an attempt to prevent the food from coming out. He fervently nodded while coughing. Dayoung handed him her water but he refused and stood up instead.

"Ah shoo go," he said with his mouth full.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

She grabbed his arm but he pulled away and tried to run away from the whole situation but tripped on his own foot and fell forward, landing flat onto his tray of food.

Dayoung, her friend, and everyone else in the cafeteria gasped. Ten felt like he wanted to dig up a hole to hide in.

He could feel the beef soup drench his shirt as the embarrassment soaked in. 

Dayoung crouched out next to him and carefully touched his back. "Hey, are you ok-"

Ten shot up from the ground, mumbled a "I'm fine", and ran out of the cafeteria.


"What's wrong with me! I'm so humiliating. Why couldn't I just say it? I like you, Dayoung-shi!" Ten pulled his hair in frustration as he paced around the bathroom.

He leaned on a stall door and sighed.

Suddenly, the door opened and he fell back. "Ah!"

The person from behind pushed him away and tsk-ed. "You're a mess."

b7ea5523009ad582baff5b1be9b2ed93.jpg

Ten turned around. "Jaehyun?! What are you doing here?"

Jaehyun scoffed, "It's a public company bathroom." He shook his head and washed his hands.

"So...you heard everything?"

Jaehyun kept his eyes down as he shook excess water off his hands. "About what?" 

"So, you don't know anything?"

Jaehyun dried his hands and nonchalantly fixed his hair in the mirror. "Nope."

Ten sighed in relief.

Jaehyun opened the bathroom door and smirked while looking back. "Hey."

"Yeah?"

"Some girls think shy boys are cute. Just confess to her."

Ten's jaw dropped as Jaehyun pumped a fist in the air before walking out.


Ten paced around in front of Dayoung's office door. "I can do this. I can do this."

The door opened and Dayoung walked out. "Oh? Hi, Ten-shi."

Ten's ears turned red right away as his eyes widened. "H-Hi Dayoung-shi."

Stop stuttering!

Ten cleared his throat. "Would you like to eat dinner with me tonight?"

Dayoung smiled, "Is it to make up for lunch today? Oh yeah, about that. Are you okay? You changed your shirt."

Ten looked down at his new shirt he bought at the nearest shop across the street. "Yeah. Thanks for asking."

Dayoung chuckled. "I'd love to eat dinner with you. Can I pick the place?"

"Sure!" Ten quickly shut his mouth. He sounded too excited. "I mean, yeah, sure."

Dayoung giggled and locked her door before linking arms with him, catching him by surprise. "I know a great noodle place."

Ten nodded and looked away in shyness. "Anywhere's fine." As long as it's with you.