(Surprise) When Regina thinks Changkyun likes her friend

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

Image result for monsta x im 2016

Image result for monsta x im 2016 gif

For: reginadjww

Partner: Monsta X's I.M

I hope you like it!

pagebreak1.png

Regina rang the doorbell with a pink box wrapped in a white bow in her hand. The door opened and she was met with a smiley girl with straight long hair. “Regina!”

 

Eunbyul, the birthday girl, hugged her and dragged her inside. “Everyone is already here.”

 

Regina walked into the living room where presents were piled on the floor. She put hers on top of a blue one and followed Eunbyul out to the spacious backyard that was decorated with balloons, a banner, and ribbons.

 

“And of course, Regina is the last to arrive,” Minhyuk joked.

 

“I just got off work. Sorry guys.”

 

Wonho squeezed her shoulder and gave her a smile, “We’re glad you made it.”

 

“Yeah, being a doctor must be so hard. Don’t pay attention to what Minhyuk said,” Jooheon chimed in in with his dimply smile.

 

“Intern,” Regina corrected before laughing. “Thanks Jooheon, you’re the best.” He gave her a thumbs up and went back to jump into the pool.

 

“Guys! It’s time for- Ah!”

 

Eunbyul slipped on the puddle Jooheon made and almost fell back. Regina reached out to grab her but someone was already by her side. She looked at the person holding Eunbyul’s waist.

 

Changkyun helped Eunbyul stand up straight and Eunbyul thanked him before kicking Jooheon who was trying to apologize to her. Changkyun chuckled and turned around, making eye contact with Regina.

 

She quickly looked away and looked for somewhere to run to before running to Wonho’s side at the snack table.

 

Changkyun saw the way she touched Wonho’s arm and laughed and lowered his eyes.

 

“Changkyun! Help me!” Minhyuk yelled while struggling to carry the big watermelon to the snack table.

 

Changkyun carried the watermelon and set it down on the table.

 

Regina looked up and met eyes with him. This time, she smiled, making his heart stop. Regina felt butterflies in her stomach when he smiles back, showing his smirk.

 

“I heard you’re-” She stopped talking when she saw him looking at something behind her. Her face fell when she turned around and saw Eunbyul playing in the pool with Jooheon and her golden retriever.

 

She faced Changkyun again who was grinning with honey nearly dripping from his eyes. Regina put her juice cup down on the table and was about to walk away but refused to feel defeated and ruin the day for everyone.

 

“You like her, huh?” Regina asked with a glint of mischief in her eyes.

 

“Huh?” Changkyun turned his attention back to her. “Did you say something?”

 

Regina bitterly smirked, “I asked if you like her, Eunbyul.”

 

Changkyun’s eyes widened. “What?” He pointed to Eunbyul. “Me like her? Psh, no.”

 

“Don’t lie, Changkyun. I can tell when someone likes someone. I knew that Kihyun and Minji liked each other and look at them now.” She nodded her head to the new couple who were feeding each other watermelon as Minhyuk cut it while muttering under his breath how he felt so lonely.

 

“I’m good at sensing those kind of things.”

 

Changkyun smirked, “You may be good with other people but I guess you’re not good when it comes to you.”

 

Regina furrowed her brows, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“Think about it.” Changkyun poured himself a drink before sipping it and walking away.

 

Regina frowned, So he doesn’t like her? Her frown turned upside down. He doesn’t like her.

 

After they ate an early lunch and cut the cake, Regina sat at the edge of the pool with her feet in the water as the others played catch with a football.

 

What does he mean? I don’t know when it comes to me? I would know when I like someone though… I like him. But who does he like?

 

“Watch out!” A football flew across the backyard and hit the side of Regina’s head, knocking her unconscious as she fell inside the pool.

 

A muffled “Regina!” was the last thing she heard before she out.

 

Regina opened her eyes and coughed water out of her lungs.

 

“Regina!” She looked up and focused on the face in front of hers. “Changkyun?” she weakly called his name out.

 

Changkyun pulled her into his embrace and held her as if she would disappear in any second.

 

“I thought I lost you,” he whispered into her hair as he squeezed her.

 

“Regina! Are you okay?” The others asked as they crowded around her but all she heard was Changkyun’s whispers of “Thank God you’re okay.”

 

Regina’s body still felt limp but she had enough energy to smile. Does he like...me?