(Surprise) When Jinwoo quits his job as a doctor because he couldn't save Eunsung

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

tumblr_nn26lzguKh1smqb6zo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndrey4D6Pk1tgf6ffo1_500.gif 

For: kyjinky

Partner: Winner's Jinwoo

Thanks for waiting~ I hope you like it!

pagebreak1.png

"What are you doing! What did you touch?!"

Jinwoo glanced at the monitor as it beeped, signaling that her blood pressure was low.

Hoon gasped as his hands trembled. "I-I was just trying to-"

Jinwoo took the needle away from him and took the matter into his own hands.

He was operating on Eunsung's body. He couldn't let anything go wrong.

If she died, he didn't know how he would live.

Jinwoo put the needle into her stomach to decompress her tensed body. As soon as he pulled the back out, blood shot up and hit his mask and face.

Eunsung's heart rate started to decrease rapidly. 

, . This can't be happening. "Electrical cardioversion. Now."

Hoon handed it to him and Jinwoo placed it on Eunsung's chest. Sweat ran down his neck as he drew shallow breathes.

"Charge." "Clear." Jinwoo furrowed his brows. "Shoot."

The electrical current traveled to Eunsung's body, causing her body to jolt up. Come on, come on. 

"Charge. Shoot." Memories started to flash through his mind.

When they met again at their high school reunion.

"Charge."

When Jinwoo proposed to her in front of the fountain behind her house.

"Shoot."

When Eunsung cried "yes" and hugged him tight.

"Charge."

When Eunsung collapsed in the bathroom.

"Shoot."

When she was diagnosed with gastric cancer.  

"I'll be fine." Eunsung squeezed Jinwoo's hand as he looked at her with teary eyes.

"I do have the best doctor in Seoul looking after me." She weakly smiled. "And even if I don't make it, it's not you faul-"

"Don't say that. You're going to live."

You're going to live. I'm not letting you go like this.

Eunsung's heart rate continued to decrease. Please live. 

Jinwoo threw the electrical plates on the floor and used his hands to pump her heart.

Sweat ran down his forehead as his shoulders and body moved up and down.

Tears welled in his eyes and he didn't stop even when he heard the long beep of the monitor. The flat line.

Hoon placed a hand on his shoulder, "Sunbae."

Jinwoo shrugged him off and continued to pump her heart.

"Sunbae! She's gone!"

Jinwoo stopped and shut his eyes as tears fell onto Eunsung's body. He took his mask off and touched her face and sobbed.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. It's all my fault..."

He hugged her lifeless body tight as his tears soaked her clothes. I'm sorry. 

Jinwoo walked out of the president's office with an expressionless face. 

"Are you sure about this? She was just one patient-"

"She was my fiance." Jinwoo shoved the resignation letter into his hand and bowed. "It was nice working for you, sir." 

Jinwoo walked the empty halls toward the exit. He cried out and roughly took his coat off before throwing it on the floor.

He didn't deserve to be a doctor. How could he be when he couldn't even save his Eunsung?

His knees buckled and he collapsed onto the floor. He leaned back on the wall and cried with is face in his palms.

I'm sorry, Eunsung.