When Mei tries to convince Lay that he should quit his job as a singer

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

Lay_Zhang_at_the_EXO_The_Lost_Planet_in_

tumblr_o5znvvDaFf1s8c78no1_400.giftumblr_o5znvvDaFf1s8c78no2_400.gif

For: meimei13

Partner: Exo's Lay

Thanks for waiting! I changed the scenario a little, just saying.

pagebreak1.png

Lay heavily breathed through his mic as he blinked to regain his vision.

The blurriness slowly went away and he could see his fans and members again.

"We are one! Thank you everyone, and good night!" The members bowed and walked off the stage.

Lay tripped on his feet and stumbled forward.

"Woah, woah, hyung. You okay?" Chen looked at him with a face of concern.

Lay gave him a small reassuring smile, "I'm fine, thanks Chen."

Chen nodded and went to get a bottle of water.

Lay sighed and sat down on the couch to finally get some rest.

"Lay!" He opened his eyes to see his manager beckoning him to come forward. Lay reluctantly stood up and plodded toward him with a polite grin on his face.

"Hurry and pack up your things. We have to catch your plane to China in less than an hour."

Again? Lay wanted to complain but kept it inside and smiled instead. "Alright, hyung. I'll be ready in ten minutes."


Lay got off the plane and lugged his luggage out the airport. Cameras flashed, blinding him, and people crowded around him.

"Lay ge! Gege!" Fans stuck their arms out to touch him and his arms.

Lay winced but kept a polite smile on his face and bowed at them.

By the time he entered his van, his jacket was pulled off of his shoulders and his hands were full of gift bags. He put them down and opened one that was filled with peppero and other sweets. He silently thanked his fans and picked up another bag. His eyebrows flinched as his face turned grim.

He held up an Exo fan. Everything looked normal except the big red X marked on Lay's face, and his only.

"Ready to go?" Lay lifted his face and paused for a second before shoving the fan back in the bag. "Yeah, let's go."


Lay fell back onto his bed and let out a heavy sigh. He rubbed his sore eyes. He just finished filming Go Fighting! and came back to his hotel to finally get some sleep before his flight back to Korea the next morning.

Suddenly, his phone rang. Lay's face lit up when he saw Mei's picture and name. 

"Hello?" Lay grinned at her, showing his dimples. "Hey, baobei."

Mei visibly frowned in concern when she saw his face through the facetime. "Gege, you're so pale. Are you sick?"

"It's just the hotel lighting," he quickly made an excuse. Mei bought it for a second until she saw the huge bags under his eyes.

"You should get some sleep. Should I call later?"

Lay shook his head, "I'm not tired."

Mei sighed on the other end. "I know you don't like it when I say this but....I really think you should leave Exo." Lay was expressionless as he stared at her. 

"You're so stressed traveling between Korea and China every day. And you're not getting enough rest! You almost fainted at the concert last time, remember?" 

Lay lowered his eyes as he remembered what happened at today's concert. He decided that it would be better to keep it to himself. "I'm fine. Really, Mei-" 

"You say that but I know you're not. Do your members even care? Do they know what the fans are doing to you? Just because you're Chinese," Mei scoffed. "They think you're like the others. I don't want them to keep treating you like that, ge. Just move to China, hm? We can move together. I can easily get a job there and we can live at my family's house until we can rent our own apartment." 

Lay smiled, "Thanks for caring, Mei, but like I said before-I love what I do right now. I don't do it for the fame or money, I do it because I want to. I want to keep singing and dancing on stage."

Mei frowned but gave up at the end. "Okay. I won't bring it up anymore. But if you faint one more time, I'm going to go to the CEO and kick his ." 

Lay laughed behind his hand. "And I'll proudly say that you're mine."

Mei beamed at him. "You should really sleep now. Good night, ge! I can't wait to see you tomorrow." She blew a kiss and waved. He did the same before hanging up.

He sighed and went under his bed covers and closed his eyes. I can't wait to see you again too.