When Mingyu wants to confess to Dain but always ends up losing his chance so he decides to ask s for help

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

tumblr_o6pcsz15xi1spt29lo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nw44akSBat1s2zrgxo1_400.giftumblr_nw44akSBat1s2zrgxo2_400.gif

tumblr_nw44akSBat1s2zrgxo4_400.giftumblr_nw44akSBat1s2zrgxo3_400.gif 

For: exobts19

Partner: Seventeen's Mingyu

Sorry for the long wait!

pagebreak1.png

Mingyu ran off the stage as Exo's song blasted through the speakers for the encore stage. He pushed past other artists, muttering an apology, to look for a girl with a ponytail and a blue collared white shirt.

His face lit up when he saw the girl he was looking for and called her name. 

Dain turned around and Mingyu skidded to a stop. He held his breathe as she looked at him with a blank face, which was her trademark. Every time he saw her, he felt his heart stop for a second and all it did was excite him.

"Hey," he gave a small wave with his toothy grin. 

Dain didn't know why Mingyu of Seventeen was talking to her but she wasn't complaining. "Hi."

Mingyu rubbed the nape of his neck as he nervously chuckled. "Uh...I-"

TTUNTJcd6Bk.jpg

"Dain!" Yein, the maknae of Lovelyz, suddenly grabbed Dain's arm and turned her around. "We have to prepare for Baby Soul unni's surprise party!"

Yein then noticed Mingyu and slightly gasped. "Oh, sorry was I interrupting something?"

"No, no! Go ahead!"

Dain gave him an apologetic smile before she was dragged away by Yein.

Mingyu sighed and sulked back to Seventeen's dressing room. This was the fourth time he lost his chance.

"What's wrong?"

Jeonghan, the one who loves to gossip, put his arm around Mingyu as soon as he saw the frown on his face.

"Looks like you just got dumped."

Jeonghan gasped when he saw Mingyu's defeated expression. "You really got dumped? By who? No, let me guess. Soojeong from Lovelyz? No, Elkie from CLC? Rose from BLACKPINK?"

Mingyu furrowed his brows. "They didn't even debut yet. How would I get dumped?"

"You've got no game, bro."

Mingyu rolled his eyes and pulled away from Jeonghan but the older held him back. "Okay, fine, I won't joke. What's wrong?"

"....I want to ask Dain out but I keep losing my chance."

"Dain from Lovelyz? Why didn't you just say so! I'm close with Kei!"

"So you'll help me?"

Jeonghan gave him a smug grin. "Help you? I'll make sure you get your girl."


Mingyu got out of Seventeen's van and pulled his hood over his head. "You're sure that she's here, right?"

"Yes! I just asked Kei."

"Thanks, Jeonghan hyung. I owe you one."

"Danm right, you do."

Mingyu hung up and walked into the cafe that was dimly lit. Because it was close to midnight, the only customers were a young couple and a man on his laptop.

He scanned the cafe and his lips curled upward when he spotted a girl with black hair sitting in the corner near a potted plant. Mingyu made his way over. 

"Mind if I sit here?"

Dain looked up from her book in alarm. Was he a fan?

Mingyu sat down and took his hood and sunglasses off and flashed her a grin. "Mingyu-shi? What are you doing here?"

"I'm a regular here," he smoothly lied.

Dain's eyes lit up. "Really? Then you must have tried the vanilla white choco mocha here."

"Uh..yeah, of course. It's super sweet."

Dain chuckled and played with the pages of her book.

"It's actually super bitter."

Mingyu was at a loss of words and stuttered like an idiot. "O-Oh, I knew that." He reached forward to drink his water but stopped when he realized he didn't have any water. And he sure was thirsty all of a sudden.

"What book are you reading?" Mingyu asked to get rid of the awkwardness.

"Me Before You."

"Me Before You?" He muttered under his breathe, "I've heard that title somewhere...Ah! Wonwoo hyung talked about that book before."

"I actually read it because of him. I'm a bookworm too, so I decided why not."

Hearing this, Mingyu felt his insides burn with...jealousy?

"He cried!" He burst out, making her eyes widen. "He cried, can you believe it? What a crybaby."

Dain pursed her lips. "Well I wouldn't call him a crybaby." Mingyu's jaw dropped. Was she defending him? He suddenly didn't want to collaborate with Wonwoo for their upcoming concert anymore.

"I was actually about to become teary but then you came. Not that that's a bad thing."

Mingyu's negative thoughts about Wonwoo disappeared as a sly grin appeared on his face. "So, was it a good thing?"

Dain looked flustered by his straightforward question. "Uh, uhm. Yeah, I-"

"Then I expect to see you here tomorrow."

"Huh?"

"I'll be right here waiting at," Mingyu checked his watch. "12:37 am. I haven't been experiencing good things lately so I want you to do the same for me. 12:37, here tomorrow." He flshed her a smug grin before walking out of the cafe.

His grin slipped off as soon as the door closed as he dialed a number. 

"Hello?"

"Jeonghan hyung?"

"How did it go?"

"You're right. I really don't have game." 

He heard Jeonghan laugh at the other end of the line. "I'll teach you when you get back. You better tell me everything!"

"Well," Mingyu looked into the window where Dain was reading and smiled. "There's not much to tell, but I might see her again tomorrow."