(Surprise) When Wonwoo is too stubborn to ask for help

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

tumblr_ojmi3v3Q7G1ve8xo4o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ok20ndya191tr4f4oo1_400.gif tumblr_ok20ndya191tr4f4oo2_400.gif

For: sya_han

Partner: Seventeen's Wonwoo

I hope you like it!

pagebreak1.png

The city was covered in snow. Alya shivered just by looking at it from her office window.

She looked back at the clock and cheered when the clock striked six o'clock. She grabbed her baby pink coat and white bag before skipping toward the door.

Related image

Wooseok, her friend and co-worker of two years, was still in his chair, his thin-rimmed black glasses perched on the bridge of his nose. His hair was a mess from ruffling it in frustration too often. He looked up at her and frowned. 

"Leaving already? It's only-" His face fell when he saw the time. 

"Six o'clock~" Alya sang and reached for the door handle out of their shared office. "Have fun finishing your paper, loser."

Wooseok groaned and shoved his fingers in his black hairs again. 

Alya snickered. "Told you you should've done it yesterday instead of playing computer games all day." She stuck her tongue out before skipping out.

It was the middle of winter and the temperature dropped twenty degrees in the past two weeks. Most people hated winter because of the cold and lack of clothes but Alya loved winter. It was her favorite season.

The fluffy snow, the Christmas carols in the air, the steaming hot sweet potatoe stands. The list would go on and on. 

Everything would be perfect if she had a boyfriend to cuddle with.

Alya waited at the bus stop as her heart warmed up at the thought of having a boyfriend. How nice would that be.

A couple walked by. The boy held the girl's hand and put it in the pocket of his coat and pulled her closer, making her blush. 

Alya cooed. Seeing the couple made her think of a boy she met at the Gyeongbok Palace on a bright, sunny day. 

Thinking back, she has no idea why she went on the hottest day of summer but it was worth it. 

She was walking past the prince's rooms when she heard a grunt.

Alya made sure no one was looking and was about to open the wooden doors when a boy with fox-like features stumbled out. He was wearing traditional clothes so she guessed that he was a part of the staff but why was he in there?

He looked so gorgeous under the sun. He didn't look like a part of this world.

She soon found out that he wasn't. The boy's name was Wonwoo and he was a prince during the Goryeo dynasty. 

"Goryeo? As in, the dynasty that ruled more than a thousand years ago?"

Wonwoo stared at her in confusion. "T-Thousand years ago?" He looked at her attire and whipped his head from side to side in shock. "He sent me a thousand years into the future?!"

Alya tried to calm him down, reaching for his arms. "Woah, no need to yell-"

"How dare you try to touch me!" He slapped her hands away.

"Ow!" Alya scoffed. Is this a joke?

"I didn't think he would send me this far in. How am I supposed to get back? How am I going to live here?"

Wonwoo paced around while panicking.

Alya noticed the amount of jewelry he had on him and gasped. "I have an idea."

They ended up selling his rings and bracelets, much to his protest, and got more money than her salary for almost two years. 

It was a hard four months of teaching Wonwoo everything he had to know.

"What is that?" Wonwoo pointed at the sliding doors in awe.

"Automatic doors."

"Automatic?"

"Yeah, see?" Alya walked toward the sensor, making the door open.

Wonwoo gawked at the magical thing. "How did you do that?" He carefully stepped forward and jumped back when it opened.

Alya groaned while rubbing her forehead. This is not going to be easy.

Four months later, after begging and insisting that he would like to be alone, Wonwoo was living in his own studio apartment in Myungdong. Alya looked up at the building and saw that the lights were on. 

"I wonder how he's doing."

She took her phone out, wondering if she should call him. "Nah, he'll nag me for bothering him again."

Alya sighed and walked back home. 

Later that night, she got a call from him.

"H-Hell-o?"

Alya sat up straight on the sofa with concern crossing her face. "Wonwoo? Are you okay?"

He voice was as soft as a whisper. He coughed.

"C-Can you c-come h-here right now?"

Alya turned the television off and ran outside. She cursed when she realized that she forgot to bring her coat. At least she brought her wallet.

She got out of the cab in front of his apartment and ran inside. She pressed the button to go to the seventh floor and ran to the thirteenth room.

She put the code in that she made and rushed inside. 

"Wonwoo- What the hell? It's freezing!" Alya shivered and spotted Wonwoo curled up into a ball on the living room floor wrapped in a blanket. 

"Wonwoo?"

She bent down and touched his shoulder. He was freezing. 

"Is the heater on?"

He slowly looked up with blue lips. "H-Heater?"

Alya groaned and ran over to the controller. She gasped when she saw the temperature of the studio. "It's as cold as outside!" She raised it up to a decent temperature and brought more blankets out. 

She huffed while wrapping it around his trembling body. "Why didn't you turn it on? You don't have to worry about the bils. You have more than enough money to pay for the bills."

Alya furrowed her brows when he whispered something. "What?"

"I didn't know how to."

"Then why didn't you call and ask me?"

Wonwoo stayed silent and looked away.

"Gosh, Wonwoo. Your pride won't get you anywhere."

Wonwoo pouted and opened his mouth to make a snarky comment when he sneezed. He sniffled and shut his eyes while gripping onto the blankets tighter.

"You know what, I'll go get some medicine. Hold on." She grabbed her wallet to go when her phone alerted her of a snow storm. "What?!"

Alya dropped to the ground and sighed. "I'll just make you some porridge."

She walked over to the fridge and opened it. Her jaw dropped when all she saw were water bottles and old leftovers from their dinner last week. 

"You don't have anything?"

Alya ended up sitting next to Wonwoo's mattress that was on the floor (he said it was more comfortable this way) as he lay on it. 

"Are you sure you don't want to lie down? It's past midnight."

"And get sick? No thanks. I'm already stuck here and that's already as bad as it is."

Wonwoo gasped and sat up. "I was jus trying to be nice. You should be glad I'm letting you stay-" He coughed and sneezed.

"Why didn't you just call? Look at you," she nagged as she pulled the blankets up to his neck. "You're dying."

Wonwoo blushed as she checked his temperature again. "It got a bit better but you still have a high fever. Let me go get some more wet towels." 

She got up and yelped when Wonwoo pulled her back. 

Alya stared, wide-eyed, at -like eyes. They were lying down right in front of each other, too close for comfort. 

"Just stay by my side." Wonwoo whispered. He continued to gaze into her eyes until his eyes fluttered close and he fell into a deep slumber.

Alya finally breathed out what she was holding in as her heart calmed down. She tried to move but gave up. Wonwoo's arm was around her waist and she didn't want to wake him up. 

Well, that was her excuse.

"Achoo!"

Alya sniffled and sat up from the mattress. 

Wonwoo stirred awake, feeling much better than the night before.

"Wonwoo," she called with a stuffy nose. "I'm going to kill you."

Wonwoo laughed, "You sound funny."

She glared at him and threw the blanket over his head. "You made me sick!" 

She checked her phone and sighed. "Be glad the snow storm is keeping me from work. If not, I would have killed you."

Wonwoo pulled her back when she got up again. "I told you to stay by my side."

Alya held her breath again.

Wonwoo smiled at her, a rare thing for him to do, and made her lie down again.

"Since we're locked in, let's just stay like this."

Alya wanted to yell at her heart to calm down but she didn't dare to move, just in case he would let go of her. He's not my boyfriend but I guess this is how it feels to cuddle during winter.

Just like that, they ended up falling asleep again in each other's arms.