When Soomin and Wonwoo’s parents arranged them in a blind date not knowing that they dated in the past and they get into a bad luck spree

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

Image result for wonwoo seventeen 2016

Image result for wonwoo seventeen 2016 gif

For: SS_7201

Partner: Seventeen's Wonwoo

Enjoy!

pagebreak1.png

Soomin fiddled with her fingers. She took in a deep breath and exhaled while nervously looking out the window.

 

Today was the day she was finally meeting someone else after her bad breakup with her college boyfriend one and a half years ago.

 

It was ironic how her blind date today had the same name as her ex-boyfriend. Oh what were the odds.

 

“Soomin-shi?”

 

Soomin looked up at the deep, familiar voice with a smile.

 

“Yes- Wonwoo?” She couldn’t believe her eyes. Standing right in front of her was Jeon Wonwoo, her ex-boyfriend from one and a half years ago, looking better than ever. The one who left her for her best friend.

 

He stared back with the same shocked expression. “S-Soomin…”

 

When he heard the name of his date, he was skeptical but thought it would be too cynical if it was the same Soomin from college. The Soomin he left supposedly for her best friend. The Soomin he was still in love with.

 

Soomin glared at him. When he didn’t move or say anything, she grabbed her bag and stormed out of the cafe.

 

“Soomin!” She felt someone tug her arm before the door closed.

 

Wonwoo turned her around with panic in his eyes. “I-”

 

“I know you don’t want to be here either. So I’ll just leave.”

 

“I missed you.”

 

Soomin stopped in her tracks. The back of her eyes were suddenly stinging as her lips trembled.

 

After all this time, after he broke her and left her shattered, the first thing he said to her was that he missed her. How was she supposed to react to that? I am not falling for this.

 

Soomin whipped around and faced him with glossy eyes. “Does it look like I care?”

 

Wonwoo looked at the pain she was trying to hide behind her facade. Yes.

 

“Because I don’t. I was completely fine after you left me and I’m great right now without you in my life.” Soomin cursed in her head when she felt a single streak of tears slide down her pink cheeks that were cold in the chilly breeze.

 

Wonwoo wanted to wipe it for her but clenched his fists instead.

 

“I don’t need you in my life, so don’t try to start anything.” She finished with a cracking voice before she tu-

 

Her eyes widened when she was suddenly pulled into his embrace. “I missed you. So much.”

 

Soomin cried on his shoulder as he hugged her close. Why am I so weak? I should be pushing him away but...I don’t want to.

 

Wonwoo and Soomin sat across each other blanketed in silence inside the cafe.

 

“Do you want anything to drink?”

 

Soomin looked down at her fingers and shook her head.

 

“Are you sure? I can get you peppermint hot chocolat-”

 

“It’s okay.”  Stop being so nice to me. I don’t want to fall for you again.

 

Wonwoo nodded and the silence took over again. “How have you been?”

 

Soomin mumbled, “I’ve been good. Just stressed with my new job.”

 

“Oh, where?”

 

“I work for L’Oreal.”

 

“The one from France, right? I just came back from there.”

 

Soomin slowly looked up at him. “You were there? Since when?”

 

Wonwoo lowered his eyes. “About that, that’s what I wanted to talk about-”

 

“Ah!” Soomin shot up from her seat when scorching hot liquid burned her legs.

 

“I’m so sorry! Jaesung, say sorry right now!” The mother made her little son apologize.

 

Soomin tried not to show the pain she was in and smiled back at the boy. “It’s okay, really.”

 

The mother bowed and apologized before scolding the son and dragging him out of the cafe.

 

Wonwoo reached out with his handkerchief. “Are you okay?”

 

Soomin pushed his hand away, “I’m fine. I’ll be back.”

 

Wonwoo sat back down and looked at the hand she pushed away. How will I tell you if you’re pushing me away like this?

 

He put a smile back on his face when Soomin came back from the bathroom. “Are your legs okay?”

 

Soomin just slightly nodded.

 

Wonwoo’s smile disappeared when she grabbed her bag. “Where are you going?”

 

“I should go. I have to put medicine on the burn and,” she switched her gaze from the burn to him. “I shouldn’t have stayed, or come here in the first place. It was nice seeing you again.”

 

Wonwoo grabbed her wrist. “Wait-”

 

Clash! A waitress bumped into him and dropped the plates and cups she was holding. Wonwoo momentarily let go of her to help the waitress and when he looked up, Soomin was gone.

 

Wonwoo sighed and ran his fingers through his hair as he sat back down. He noticed something on the ground and picked it up.

 

“Our couple ring…” He looked at the door where Soomin left and closed his hand around the ring in determination.

 

I’m going to meet you again. And next time, I’ll tell you the truth that I didn’t leave you for Minji. It was all just a misunderstanding. A terrible misunderstanding.

 

Wonwoo thought back to his arranged marriage with Soomin’s best friend. He left Soomin to keep it a secret from her and left Korea before the wedding. The marriage was finally off, and he was back to hold Soomin close to him again.