When Kai is paired up with Sojin to do a y dance for an audition

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

20150820_kai-2.jpg

tumblr_inline_nrumck3xCS1t7ahrq_500.gif 

For: summerdust

Partner: Exo's Kai

pagebreak1.png

"Be my partner." 

That was all Kim Kai said to Sojin that Saturday of dance class to make her his partner for the auditions that were coming up to get into the Korean National University of Arts.

Sojin didn't have to oblige, but she didn't have a reason to reject the idea either. Kai was one of the best dancers at the academy. She couldn't let an opportunity like this go to waste.

Sojin whistled as she went up the stairs to the second floor. She was in a good mood today, considering the fact that she had enough milk to finish her cereal and her younger brother was away on a camping trip, thank goodness.

Sojin was happy, until she found out what Kai wanted the concept of their dance to be.

"y?!" Kai nodded. Sojin's jaw dropped. "I can't do y. I'm not good at y!"

The other dancers looked their way. Kai sighed, "Stop making a scene. I'll teach you. Meet me here tomorrow, at eight pm sharp."

With that, he walked away. Sojin scoffed at his commanding tone. "What am I, your dog?" She stuck her tongue out at his retreiving figure before packing up to go home for the day.

The next day, Sojin woke up to her younger brother screaming at the top of his lungs. She buried her head under her pillow and groaned.

The little rascal was back, and she would have to do a y dance later that day. Today is going to be a great day. Sojin sarcastically thought and groggily got up to wash her face.

Sojin arrived at the dance studio and checked her watch. 7:58. Right one time. 

Music was flowing out of a room in the back of the hall. He must be in there. 

Sojin gasped when she saw him already dancing. He was wearing a sleevless black top and blakc sweats. His forehead was glistening with sweat and his eyes were fierce.

Sojin just stood there with open as Kai twisted and turned, doing all the right moves at the right time. No wonder he's the best. 

Kai stopped dancing and turned the music off while breathing heavily. He's kind of hot. 

"You're late." Sojin snapped out of her daze. "Let's practice."

Sojin opened and closed it again when he cut her off. Hot? Yeah right. More like rude. 

The music started playing and Sojin widened her eyes. "I-Isn't this Troublemaker?"

Kai smirked, "Yeah. Do you have a problem with it?" Sojin just slowly shook her head. It's not like he would do anything about it if she complained.

They started to dance along to the music.

Sojin tried her best to follow the y dance moves but kept on stepping on his foot and moving awkwardly.

Kai sighed and turned the music off. "You said you were bad at y dances. Aren't you at least supposed to be decent at dancing?"

Sojin glared at him and opened but her breath hitched when Kai placed his hand on her waist. "Here, let me teach you."

Sojin didn't respond, still trying to slow down her racing heart.

Now, both of Kai's hand were on her waist, guiding her through the dance. Sojin couldn't concentrate. Her body was on fire from his touches and she was sure that he felt the same way.

She looked at the mirror in front of them and blushed at the sight. Kai was right behind her with his hands on her body, staring back at her through the mirror.

By ten, they were almost done with the song. They sat down on the floor. Sojin drank her water and glanced at him. He was packing up.

Sojin got up as well to pack her things but tripped on his bag. She yelped as she fell forward. Kai swiftly caught her by her waist. Their faces were inches apart.

"Why did you want me to be your partner?" Kai just stared back, his hands still on her waist.

Sojin leaned back, intimidated by his gaze. "I-I mean. There are so many dancers out there who are way better than me."

Kai brought her closer to him, making their bodies touch. By the look in Kai's eyes, Sojin was sure that he was going to kiss her. She clenched her fists, waiting.

"Think about it. Why I asked you."

There was tension in the air between them. Kai leaned in. Sojin shut her eyes, but nothing happened.

She opened her eyes to see Kai smirk. He let go of her waist and picked up his bag. "Practice next week on Friday, same time."

Without another word, he left, leaving her standing there stunned. Her heart was beating at a rapid pace.

She scoffed, "Demanding as always." Sojin tried to keep her mind off of him but couldn't get the question out of her head. Why did he want her? She sighed before packing up and leaving.