When Yoobi is diagnosed with brain tumor a month before their wedding

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

EXO-Kai.jpg

exo-gif-kai-kim-jongin-Favim.com-4006152.gif

ForDeasy_ayue

Partner: Exo's Kai

I hope you like it!

Song: She's Dreaming by Exo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpcmQTlM2do

pagebreak1.png

"You look beautiful! Kai is going to cry at the aisle."

Yoobi laughed and rolled her eyes. "You're exaggerating again."

Hanna lightly hit her shoulder. "I'm serious! I hope I'm this beautiful on the day of my wedding."

"You will be, don't worry."

Hanna sighed, "That's if Yixing finally asks me."

Yoobi chuckled. "Well I heard from a little birdie that he's preparing something once they come back from the tour."

Hanna gasped. "Really? Oh my gosh! I can't wait!" She clapped her hands and ran out the room when a worker called for her.

Yoobi sighed and looked into the mirror. This is perfect. The dress, the makeup, the hair, the shoes, and of course, Kai. Yoobi touched the engagement ring on her fourth finger and smiled at the memory of Kai bending down on one knee on their fourth anniversary.

"Everything is perfect."

Just then, the phone rang. 

"Hello?"

"How's my princess doing?"

Yoobi giggled. "Great. I just fitted my dress. How's the tour?"

"Good, but I'm lonely without you here. Baekhyun hyung keeps on trying to pretend like he's you and it's disgusting."

Yoobi laughed when she heard Baekhyun complaining in the background.

"Anyways, I'll be back in just a month. Are you ready?"

She looked at the ring again. "Yes-" Yoobi stopped mid-sentence when her vision became blurry.

"Yoobi? You still there?"

"Uh, yeah." Yoobi shook her head. "I'm super ready, Kai. See you in a month."

She hung up before he kissed her goodbye and tried to stand up from her chair. She grabbed her throbbing head as she saw three chairs in front of her. What's going on? Why do I feel so...

Yoobi dropped her phone just as Hanna walked back into the dressing room. "Yoobi!"

Yoobi's eyes rolled to the back of her head as she collapsed. The last thing she saw was Hanna calling the workers for help.

Yoobi opened her eyes and blinked. Things were still a little blurry but she could see brown and white walls.

"Yoobi..."

Yoobi turned to her side and recognized Hanna sitting next to her bed. 

"I was on the phone with Kai, I remember. And then things became a little blurry and I- Are you crying?"

Hanna sniffled and wiped her tears. "I was so scared. I saw you fainting and I didn't know what to do. I should've known your condition wasn't good that day. I'm such a bad friend for dragging you to the shop."

Yoobi squinted and grabbed Hanna's hand. "It's not your fault. I'm fine now, right?"

"Miss Lee?"

Yoobi and Hanna turned to the nurse at the door. "Dr. Cho wants to speak with you."

"Miss Lee, can you see me?"

Yoobi gulped. "Yes."

Dr. Cho frowned. "Clearly?"

"...Yes," she lied.

He cleared his throat and looked at the clipboard. "Then everything must have been blurry for you since birth. It's okay, you can tell me what you really see. Tell me, how many fingers am I holding?"

Yoobi tried to squint to see but her vision wouldn't get better. "Three?"

Dr. Cho sighed. "I'm very sorry to tell you this but....you have a tumor in your brain."

"W-What? Sorry, I didn't hear cor-"

"The tumors big, too. There's not surgery that can remove it fully. And even if we suceed, there is a 90% chance that you will lose sight of your eyes."

"M-My eyes? I'm going to be blind?"

"I'm very sorry, Miss Lee."

Yoobi's lower lips trembled. I have a brain tumor. I'm going to be blind. I...can't marry Kai like this. I'll just be a burden. He's busy enough already with Exo's schedule. I can't marry him.


"What do you mean you don't know where she is?"

Kai burst through Yoobi's shared apartment with Hanna. He had just landed at the airport and came when he didn't see Yoobi waiting for him. 

"You know where she is, Hanna. Tell me where she is!" Kai shook her shoulders as he breathed into her face.

"Kai! Stop!" Yixing ripped Kai off of his girlfriend and pushed her behind him. "She said she doesn't know."

"Doesn't know? She has to! She's her best friend!"

"She really left without a word! She fainted at the shop a month ago and was admitted to the hospital-"

"Fainted? Hospital? Why didn't anyone tell me about this?"

Hanna frowned, "We didn't want you to lose focus on the tour. That was the last time I saw her. At the hospital that day."

Kai looked around the room. Disappeared that day? Where would she go? Kai suddenly gasped and ran out the door.

Kai threw some cash he pulled out of his wallet into the cab and shut the door before running toward Yoobi's parents' beach house. He knocked on the door and cursed when no one answered.

He went onto the shore and looked everywhere for her. "She has to be here. This is the only place-" Kai stopped breathing when he saw her sitting down ten feet away. He slowly walked up to her and stood right in front of her.

Yoobi stared at the sea and tried to imagine what it would look like at the moment. She frowned when she felt a shadow take away the sunlight.

Kai stared at her. Why is she ignoring me?

"Yoobi."

Yoobi's eyes widened. She scrambled up from the sand and turned to run away but tripped over a volleyball someone left behind.

Kai quickly helped her up. "Watch where you're going, princess."

Yoobi's eyes watered at his pet name for her. She missed hearing him say that.

Kai examined her. He wasn't mad or sad. He just wanted to know why she ran away. And he didn't want to let her go again. 

"Your skirts dirty now." Kai bent down and brushed the snad off of her maxi white skirt. He was about to stand up but did a double take at what she was holding. Was that a...walking stick?

Kai slowly stood up and gazed into her eyes that were teary now. "Can you...can you see me?"

Yoobi's lips trembled. She turned around and started to walk away. Kai grabbed her wrist and turned her around. His eyes looked like they were full of pain. "Yoobi. Can you see me?"

"No," her voice was hoarse as if she had been crying all day. "I can't see anything. The sea, the sand, the sky. I can't see anything!" She burst out in tears. She covered her face with her palms.

"They said I have a brain tumor that can't be removed. I'm going to get cancer, Kai. And I'm blind."

Kai's eyes stinged as tears blurred his vision. He wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her tight. "It's okay. We're still getting married."

"I can't, Kai," she mumbled into his chest. "I don't want to burden you like that. I'm going to die soon!"

"Don't say that. Ever. I'm not going to let you go. Not now, not later. You can always try to get treated. I doesn't hurt to try." He pulled away and wiped her tears for her. "I'm going to marry you tomorrow, okay? I love you, Lee Yoobi."

Yoobi burst into another round of tears and hugged him.


"You look great," Hanna tried to sound excited but Yoobi could hear the sadness in her voice. She smiled Hanna's way, "Thanks."

Yoobi was guided to the front of the double doors and wrapped her arm around her father's. 

"Ready, honey?"

Yoobi nodded and the doors opened. The song played loudly, echoing through the chapel as the guests rose from their seats in awe. The bride was beautiful. It was a shame she couldn't see it.

Yoobi held on tight to her father and kept her face down as she walked straight. Was she walking straight? She couldn't tell. 

"Take good care of my daughter, Kai."

"With my life, sir."

Yoobi felt for Kai's hand and grabbed it tight as her father wished her a farewell before stepping off of the stairs.

Kai looked at her as a tear ran down his cheek. "You look beautiful."

Yoobi blushed, "Thanks- are you crying?"

"Huh?"

Yoobi smiled, "Hanna was right."