(Changed) When Kai lets Soojin out of their arranged marriage even though he truly loves her

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

26776A385498199F048D8F

EXO-Kai.jpg

ed57fe884f142b6f8cebb033dc4be5de.gif

tumblr_njjwk69Xlc1raepogo1_500.gif

For: Soojin-park

Partner: Exo's Kai

Feel free to request again!

pagebreak1.png

Kai hated himself for doing this. He groaned in his car that was parked in his apartment garage. He stared at the divorce papers in his hand and sighed. Kai's father threw a fit in his office when he said he wanted to divorce Soojin, but he didn't care. He wanted to stop the pain for both of them.

He took a deep breath before opening the door and heading upstairs to his shared house with Soojin, his arranged married wife. When he opened the door, no one greeted him. He sighed and took his shoes off. Kai headed toward his room but stopped in front of Soojin's. He was going to knock when he heard her crying.

His heart hurt as he stood there, holding onto the divorce papers. But his heart hurt even more that he couldn't go in and comfort her. He clenched his fingers around the envelope before going to his room, closing the door. Kai decided to take a cold shower before bed. He just stood under the water while thinking about Soojin.

"Jongin! Come here!" Soojin laughed and took his hand, leading him to the waters. Kai liked how she called him Jongin instead of Kai. Only the ones he loved called him Jongin, and he was in love with Park Soojin. But she had a boyfriend. "Wah~ The air feels so nice." Kai smiled and spread his arms. He liked this moment with just the two of them. He gazed at her. She really is beautiful. 

His moment was broken when someone called her name. "Soojin!" She turned around and squealed. "Jongdae-yah! Come here." She signaled for him to come over. Kim Jongdae jogged over and backhugged her. "Do you like it?" Soojin nodded before holding onto his arms. "I'm so glad we're here together." Kai turned away to prevent his heart from shattering any further. 

Kai sighed and began to shampoo his hair. How did they end up like this? He was fine with being the best friend and now, she barely talked to him. After their arranged marriage was announced, Soojin would only frown in front of him and silently cry herself to sleep at night. Why did he have to make her hate him? He should have objected to the marriage before it started.

He was just selfish and wanted her all to himself. But now, she was further away from him than she ever was. Kai let his tears fall as he sat on the floor with water trickling down his face.

The next morning, Kai dressed nicely before stepping out of his room. He collided into Soojin who's eyes were slightly puffy. She slightly grinned at him before going to the kitchen. He followed her and watched her pour coffee into her cup. "We need to talk." Soojin grew rigid at his words. She turned around and sat at the dining table, waiting for him to sit.

Kai hated how awkward it was. He cleared his throat. "How are you?" Soojin set her cup down. "Good."  She kept her eyes on the cup. "How are you, Kai?" Kai's heart dropped when she finished her question. "Good." His voice was hoarse. He couldn't take it any longer. He had to let her go. He had to stop all of this before it got any worse.

Kai put the envelope on the table. Soojin curiously looked at it before looking at him. "Open it." Kai motioned. Soojin carefully picked it up and opened it. She gasped when she read the title of the document. "Kai." Kai grinned. "I already signed it. You can turn it in whenever you want to." Kai stood up and turned to leave the kitchen when he felt arms wrap around his waist. He gasped, "Soojin-ah."

"Thank you. Thank you so much." He could hear the tears through her voice. He closed his eyes, cherishing this rare moment with her. He opened his eyes when she pulled away. Without turning back, Kai quickly left the house to prevent himself from doing anything to stop her. As soon as he reached the elevator, tears ran down his face as he closed his eyes. I'm sorry, Soojin. I hope he makes you happy.