When Joy finds out that her blind date will be her secret high school crush

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

tumblr_o4aimvvgoL1rxvwdzo1_500.png

tumblr_o47289SYVi1rww9fso3_400.gif  tumblr_o47289SYVi1rww9fso4_400.gif

tumblr_o47289SYVi1rww9fso6_400.gif  tumblr_o47289SYVi1rww9fso5_400.gif

tumblr_o47289SYVi1rww9fso7_400.gif  tumblr_o47289SYVi1rww9fso8_400.gif

For: summerdust

Partner: Vixx's Hongbin

Sorry for the long wait!

pagebreak1.png

Joy munched on her potato chips as she watched reruns of One Tree Hill with her best friend from college.

"Come on, Joy! You're twenty-four years old and you've never been in a relationship before! I'm starting to wonder how you were in high school."

Head over heels for a certain someone named Lee Hongbin. 

Joy sighed and popped another chip in .

Grace tugged her arm. "I heard he's good looking. And he's studying to become a chef. Ooh, fancy. And you love food! It's a match made in heaven. Just go this once, Joy." She pleaded.

Joy deeply sighed, "Fine. When is it?"

"Tomorrow!" Joy's eyes popped out, "WHAT?"

Grace snatched the bag of chips from her and turned off the tv.

"So get your up and doll yourself up for tomorrow instead of stuffing your face with fat."


Joy looked at herself in the mirror and was satisifed with her outfit. 

"Oh my gosh! You look so pretty. You clean up nice." Grace clicked her tongue. She eyed her thin waist and long legs.

"Boys are crazy to not have liked you." 

I didn't look like this before. And I had eyes for one person my whole high school life. 

Grace drove Joy to the cafe. "How am I supposed to know what he looks like?"

Grace shrugged, "They didn't send me a picture. But I know his name. Lee Hongbin."

Joy's jaw dropped. "What did you just say? Lee Hongbin? As in my secret-high-school-crush Lee Hongbin?!"

Grace furrowed her brows at her sudden outburst in confusion. "I don't know. You never tell me about your high school days."

Joy strapped her seat belt back on. "I can't go in there."

Grace gawked at her. "Why not? The fact that this guy was your crush in high school doesn't mean anything! Who knows, maybe he'll actually like you back."

Joy rolled her eyes, Yeah right. Once he realizes that I'm the Joy from Goyang High School, he'll ditch the place. 

"Sorry." Joy bent down to pick up her textbooks.

"Watch it, fatty." The student sneered and walked away. Joy's lips trembled as she stood up and kept walking to her class.

"Look who it is! Miss Piggy decided to join us today, I see. What? The cafeteria ran out of food?"

A group of boys teased and cackled as Joy lowered her head and walked to the back of the class.

Hongbin, the school's most popular kid, walked in and Joy's heart thumped right when her eyes landed on him.

He greeted students, high-fiving and smiling at them as he made his way to his seat behind Joy's.

Joy made eye contact with him for a second as he got closer.

Her face brightened up and she was about to wave at him but he ignored her and smiled at another student who was sitting next to her.

Without acknowledging her presence, Hongbin sat down in his seat.

Joy sulked, Maybe he'll say hi to me tomorrow. 

Joy got her tray of food and happily walked to her usual table in the corner of the cafeteria where she ate alone.

Someone suddenly stuck their foot out and tripped her. Joy screamed and fell face first into her lasagna.

The students who witnessed the fall laughed. "My bad. Sorry Joy. I guess you can't eat your lunch anymore. Just think of it as a much-needed diet."

The girl snickered with her friends. Hongbin stepped into the circle that was forming around them. "What's going on?"

His eyes flitted to Joy who was still on the floor and his heart hurt. He stepped out of the circle to help her up.

One male student stopped him. "Don't, Hongbin. She deserved it for being a pig. Pigs don't eat lasagna, they eat mud."

The boy threw his chocolate pudding at Joy. It hit her head and popped, dirtying her hair. 

Joy, with tear-filled eyes, looked up and made eye contact with Hongbin who just stood there, staring back.

She had never felt more humiliated in her life. 

Joy gulped and shoved the bad memories to the back of her head. "I'm not going in."

Grace frowned and couldn't take that for an answer.

She got out of the driver's seat and opened the door and dragged Joy out of the car.

"I'm not going! Stop!"

Grace used all her strength from bosing to push and pull Joy to the entrance of the cafe.

Joy was about to rush out of the door when Grace shouted out loud, making everyone look at them.

"Lee Hongbin! Your blind date is right here!"

Joy gaped at Grace and looked at the people staring at them.

Her eyes landed on a male with brown hair, parted in the middle, wearing a camel colored long coat.

Her heart involuntarily jumped. He looks the same. Maybe even better. 

While Joy was stuck in her thoughts, Grace dragged her over to Hongbin, who was now standing up, and made her sit down.

Grace smiled at Hongbin and left. Hongbin sat down and smiled at Joy.

Joy's heart skipped a beat. She missed his smile, although it was never meant toward her until now.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Lee Hongbin."

Joy nervously her lips. "Joy, nice to meet you too."

"Should we order something first?" Hongbin called the waiter over and ordered two cafe lattes.

"I'm surprised that you're still single. You're very pretty, Joy."

Joy choked on the latte and started coughing.

Hongbin's eyes widened, "Are you okay?"

Joy coughed and nodded her head. "I'm fine," she replied in a hoarse voice.

Hongbin chuckled, already falling for her as the minutes passed by.

They continued to talk for another hour.

"You know, you remind me of a girl I used to know in high school. She has the same name as you-"

Joy started to cough again after choking on the second latte she was drinking.

Hongbin softly laughed and handed her a napkin.

Joy cleared . "What about me reminds you of her?"

Hongbin leaned back and hummed in thought. "Well, the name, and how your nose slightly wrinkles when you smile or laugh." 

He noticed and remembers that? 

"You both have this light in your eyes when you talk about something you like. And you're both very beautiful, inside and out."

Joy gawked at him, "So you're saying-"

"Yes, she was my first love."

Hongbin sat down in his seat and heard Joy sighing in front of him.

He frowned as the students around them continued to whisper about her. He glared at them, and they immediately stopped.

For the rest of the class, Hongbin kept his eyes on Joy as she took notes.

Her head started to droop and she would quickly bring it back up when it did.

Hongbin stifled his laughter and couldn't help but think that she was adorable. 

"Although she didn't like me back."

"I did like you!" She blurted and quickly covered .

Hongbin gasped, "Y-You're Joy? The Joy?" He eyed her up and down and his jaw dropped even more. "What happened?"

"I decided to change." Joy softly spoke. "I was tired of people making fun of me, so I changed."

Hongbin's eyes softened and he looked at her with guilt. "I'm sorry I didn't do anything."

Joy shook her head, "It's alright. I forgot about it."

Hongbin leaned forward and grabbed her hands while looking deep into her eyes. "I'll make it up to you from now on. I'll make sure to protect you."

Joy smiled and squeezed his hands. As long as I get to have you, I'm happy.