(Sequel) When Hyeji calls B.I. in tears before he boards the plane

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

tumblr_o02pwwVV931tjhcduo3_540.jpg

tumblr_ns8wprEHBX1tqe6uoo4_250.giftumblr_ns8wprEHBX1tqe6uoo3_250.gif

For: Mariahleah_

Partner: iKON's Hanbin

This is a sequel to chapter 28! Enjoy~

pagebreak1.png

"Say hello to your father for me." B.I's mother kissed him on the cheek and hugged him one last time. B.I held her tight and inhaled her scent that he'd be missing for the next two years. "I'll be back soon, mom. Don't miss me too much." She leaned back and cupped his face.

"My Hanbin grew up so well. You're already going to college." She patted his once more before waving goodbye and sending him out the door. "I'll call you when I land."

B.I closed the door behind him and looked back at his house. I'll miss you. He gripped onto the plane ticket and dragged his suitcase to the open streets. He hailed a taxi and got in.

"Where to?"

"Incheon International Airport please."

B.I stared out the window and absentmindedly watched the buildings zoom by as raindrops started to fall on the glass. He was sure that he was doing the right thing but his heart felt heavy. Maybe it was because he didn't properly say goodbye to Hyeji. He didn't apologize for yelling at her a week before graduation. He didn't congratulate her and watched from afar as she took pictures with Mino to celebrate.

B.I looked at the plane ticket and sighed. Did he really want to go? Of course he didn't. But he would have to to stop hurting himself. And to finally let Hyeji go.

But if she were to call him right now, he would drop everything and run to her-

Buzz. 

B.I took his phone out of his pocket when it started ringing. His eyes widened and a chill ran down his spine when he saw the caller ID.

"Hello?" His throat was dry but he was prepared to cut the conversation short. "Listen-" B.I stopped talking when he heard her sobbing at the other end of the line. He immediately shot up from his seat, hitting his head on the ceiling of the taxi and earning a weird glance from the taxi driver.

"Hyeji, what's wrong?" His knuckles became white as he fumed.

"Stop the car!" The driver got startled and pressed on the brake.

B.I ran out of the car and into the rain. His lungs were on fire, but he didn't stop running until he reached the park near Hyeji's house. He searched the playground and found her sitting on the swingset, letting the drops of rain soak her clothes.

"Hanbin-"

B.I ran up to her and pulled her into a tight embrace. His chest heaved up and down against her trembling frame. He wrapped his arms securely around her shoulders and let her bury her face into his chest as he caressed her head.

"H-He cheated on m-me," she mumbled.

B.I didn't say anything and continued to hold her. He didn't realize until after that he left his suitcase and bag in the taxi along with his plane ticket.

They were now sitting in a cozy cafe, drying up, with two warm mugs of hot chocolate in between them. Hyeji's eyes and nose were red from bawling. B.I's heart hurt seeing her like this. If only he could, he would tell her that everything is going to be okay and that he'll be right next to her forever. He'd tell her that he won't let anyone hurt her ever again and that Mino is just a part of her past that she has to forget.

But he couldn't. He shouldn't, because he doesn't have the right to. B.I hurt her before, and he was planning on leaving her behind. He was just like Mino.

"Thanks for coming, Hanbin. I just needed someone to lean on." Hyeji bit her lower lip as her body started to shake again. "I just don't understand. We were so happy just two weeks ago. How can a person change so fast like that?" Her voice was quiet, as if she was just talking to herself.

B.I wanted to sit next to her, hold her again, and comfort her. His hands yearned for her touch again. Instead, he said, "I'll take you home."

The rain stopped pouring but the overcast remained, sending chilly winds between them. The two of them stood outside of her house, waiting for the other to say something.

"Thanks-"

"You-"

They bit their lips and silence surrounded them again.

Hyeji looked at him and smiled a small smile. "Thanks, Hanbin. For everything." 

Why? All I did was hurt you. "You should go inside before you catch a cold." He has a stoic expression on his face.

Hyeji nodded, "Goodbye, Hanbin." She turned around and started to walk up the steps to the front door.

B.I's face darkened as she grew farther away from him. He quickly looked away when she suddenly turned around, and his eyes widened when she said the three words he never expected her to say to him. "Can you stay?" Hyeji never asked him to stay over when she was dating Mino.

He hesitated. Should he? Does he deserve to? But when he saw the look in her eyes, he immediately said, "Yes."

B.I didn't know how he ended up in this situation. He was lying down on Hyeji's couch with his arms wrapped around her as they watched reruns of Running Man on tv. Hyeji chuckled when the celebrities cracked jokes but B.I zoned the voices out. He looked down at Hyeji who was now smiling and cuddling on his chest.

What am I doing here? This is Mino's spot. But he's not here anymore... His eyes trailed to her hand where her couple ring usually was. It wasn't wrapped around her finger anymore.

Reality struck B.I. Mino's not here anymore. He's gone. And I'm in his place. 

He touched Hyeji's hair and assured himself, It's okay. I deserve this. I've waited a long time just to hold her like this. I won't let the chance go. 

B.I tightened his hold on Hyeji and shifted to a more comfortable position. Forget running away. I'm going to hold on and never let go.