(Sequel) When Hyejung hears her parents talking to Mingyu the night before the wedding

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

Image result for seventeen mingyu 2017

Image result for seventeen mingyu 2017 gif

For: honeybee16

Partner: Seventeen's Mingyu

This is the sequel to chapter 229!

pagebreak1.png

Hyejung wiped her tears when she heard a soft knock on her door. By the sound of the light tapping that repeated twice, she knew who it was. "Come in."

Image result for knk seungjun 2016

Seungjun, her fiance, walked in with a soft smile on his face. In the past month they spent together, she noticed that everything about him was soft. His hair, his touch, his laugh, his smile, his voice, his movements. Everything.

He was the best husband any girl could ask for. He was super caring and brought little presents every now and then to surprise her or bring a smile to her face. 

But he wasn't Mingyu, her butler that avoided her 24/7 ever since Seungjun moved into the mansion. 

Seungjun walked in with a single rose, making her smile. "A rose for my single lady."

"I won't be single tomorrow."

"Then I'll deliver roses to my wife from now on."

Wife. Hyejung's smile faltered at that word. She wished it would leave Mingyu's lips instead. 

Seungjun gently kissed the back of her hand and squeezed her hand that felt so wrong in his. Hyejung didn't like this at all. But at least it was Seungjun and not some sleezy old guy who was marrying her just for and money. 

Seungjun seemed to notice her red eyes, squeezing her hand tighter. "I'll let you get some rest before the big day. I know how nervous you are."

He got up and left with a kiss on her forehead. He never kissed her lips. It was as if he knew that she didn't want it.

Hyejung lied back down and stared at the rose with a deep sigh as tears started pricking her eyes again. She couldn't believe Mingyu actually ignored her. He's actually letting her marry a man she met a month ago. 

She couldn't take it anymore and stomped downstairs. The whole house, she realized once she was halfway down, was eerily quiet. She hoped it was because it was all a nightmare and she would wake up with Mingyu smiling by her side.

Hyejung tiptoed over to a source of light at the end of the big hallway. It was his father's study. Maybe Mingyu was hiding in here this whole time. She pressed her ear against the wooden door and closed her eyes to get a better listen. 

"...but sir-"

"No buts. You agreed when you signed the contract after your grandfather died. You stay away unless you want her to move overseas. I can easily make that happen."

Who are they talking about?

"You will not be attending the wedding tomorrow."

"Sir, I'm not going to try anythin-"

"Are you sure? I see the way you look at my daughter when you think no one's looking, and it is definitely not a look you should be giving to a woman who is going to get married tomorrow."

Mingyu spoke softly after, "I love her-"

Hyejung's breath hitched. He loves me?

"Love? Son, you're just after the money. Just like your grandfather who threatened us-"

"He never did that, sir. And you know it." Mingyu's voice was louder, stronger this time. "You're just using that as an excuse to make me stay away from Hyejung-"

Hyejung gasped and quickly cupped when she heard the sound of her father slapping Mingyu's face. 

"You stay away from my daughter and you can keep your job." He groaned in disgust. "You're just like your grandfather, a good for nothing."

Hyejung had tears flowing down her cheeks when she heard her father walking toward the door. She fled up the stairs and shut her bedroom door, finally letting out her sobs on her bed.

She couldn't believe her father would say, think, and do such a thing. No wonder Mingyu was so stern about staying as her butler. He didn't have a choice. She fell asleep crying that night, not caring that her face would look like a pufferfish the next morning, as Mingyu had a last talk with her father right below her.

"Sir, I'm going to the wedding." I want to see her one last time before she goes to another man. Just one last time.


Hyejung sat in the waiting room, blank. 

She hated this. She didn't want to get married, not like this.

Her friends came in and out, taking pictures with her fake smile and complimenting her beautiful dress. Hyejung knew they only talked about the dress to avoid the topic of her bloated face. 

She wondered is Mingyu was here. She hoped he was.

Soon, the ceremony started. Hyejung hesitated to hold her father's arm as he smiled at her with tears in his eyes, saying how his baby girl is all grown up. Your baby girl that never realized how cruel you were.

She loosely held his arm and the doors opened. She scanned the room for Mingyu with a hopeful heart. In the middle of the walk down the aisle, she spotted him, at the edge of the big room, staring right back at her with longing eyes. 

Hyejung thought she'd burst into tears right then and there but she kept her gaze on him. Mingyu was the first to look away but not before thinking that she was the most beautiful girl he ever laid eyes on. Seungjun was a lucky guy. Lucky to be rich.

The ceremony dreadfully went on. Hyejung kept her eyes forward so she wouldn't tear up at the sight of Mingyu sitting in the guest chairs. 

"Are there any objections?"

People looked around in the crowd. Mingyu clenched his fist to keep himself from standing up and making a scene. If you do anything, you won't ever be able to see her again. He looked at her father who was glaring at him. He gulped and shut his eyes. 

This is it. She can never be mine-

"I object!" 

Mingyu opened his eyes. "What the..." 

The audience gasped as the bride spoke proudly. "I object. Object everything."

She turned to her fiance who was surprisingly calm. Seungjun had a soft smile on his face, like always, and his eyes were saying something. Go. Get your man.

Hyejung tearfully smiled and nodded. Thank you. 

She ran down the stairs, her dress in her hands, to the bride's side, past all the gaping audience, toward the man she was in love with. Hyejung stopped in front of Mingyu and kissed him. 

Hyejung kissed him so hard that he almost fell back. Thanks to the chair behind him, he was able to keep balance and kiss her back, in front of the whole crowd. 

They could already feel her parents' glares on them but they didn't care. They wouldn't let anyone separate them any longer. 

People were already starting to leave, whispering about how this was such a waste of time. Her father stormed off while her mother was running after him. Seungjun explained to his parents carefully while silently cheering her on.

Hyejung pulled back with tears running down her face. "I'm sorry for my dad. I had no idea. I wish I knew so I could've done something. I-"

"You don't have to be sorry. I should be for not being able to do anything. You're so brave, Hyejung. And I love you."

Hyejung's heart skipped a beat at his confession. "I love you too," she whispered for only him to hear before kissing him again.