The In-Between - Inspitixbaby

BLK's Review Shop ACHIEVE
Story Pick Up: 
The In-Between
Bilbo+&+Butterflies.gif
Note: Six Chapters (Spoiler Alert)
Reviewer: KaihleeLo
Review For: Inspiritxbaby
Requested On (2/6/15) - Finished On (3/11/15)

Title: (10/10)
 




 

 

Perfect. Though I have seen the title before it's still the perfect title for this story. I wouldn't know of any other titles that could fit the storyline other than this one, so kudos to you. 

►►►►►►

Character: (9/10)

Each character stood out, despite their appearances, even when we're only at chapter six with six of the main characters already revealed. They fit their roles and in each scene they're always doing something, whether it be physically, mentally, and/or verablly. In the first four chapters or so we had the fatherly figure Sunggyu, motherly side Woohyun, and the maknae. They each played their roles just fine. I especially like how easily they got along and began traveling together because it does and it can happen, when one can quickly click or connect with a stranger immediately. Sungyeol came out as someone who's slightly scared at first, but as time goes by he showed a braver side of him. I mean that was all of them, but I didn't sense that Woohyun and Sunggyu were fearful at first since they already passed the first stage. Since we're already in our third location, after the warehouse, Hoya and Dongwoo's characters are slightly stronger. So I have no complaints for them, since Sungyeol, Woohyun, Sungjong, and Sunggyu's experiences together already gave us hints on how overtime they were slowly developing as stronger characters. Hoya and Dongwoo also seem to have this hip-hoppy feel about them when they speak, so that made them a little different from the others as well. 

I marked off one point because I feel like the characters are also developing too fast....I mean it's cool and good to see how brave they are as they come across different situations. But for a while I thought I'd at least be scare for my life if I see a crowd of zombies (lol, I'm a zombie er but man....In real life, I don't know if I can do it). Sungjong knew immediately to shoot them in the head too though in the hospital scene, Woohyun assumed Sungjong may get scare of the Thing, but Sungjong seems pretty brave to me....On certain occasion. 

►►►►►►

Originality: (10/10)

I'm going to be completely honest with you. Just by reading your foreword, I came up/created a story of my own which was slightly similiar because of the genres, etc. But wow, after I started reading I saw this story in a whole different light. It's a very original and well thought out story 

►►►►►►

Story-line/Plot: (38/40)

I noticed a big "9" as the divider but I'm sure there's a meaning behind that number. So I'm curious to find out what it may be or if it has anything to do with the story at all. But anyway, the storyline. I tried to connect each setting together because I know it has something or rather everything to do with the storyline, but I couldn't find a pattern whatsoever. We start at a warehouse where supplies were provided and then we jump to a cemetary to where we meet werewolves, then zombies which I thought may have came from the cemetary. Then once we follow the characters down the cliff, we end up in a hospital with a giant creature that's aimlessly roaming the building. Here, more supplies were provided, according to Dongwoo and Hoya. This is where I wonder if the number '9' has anything to do with the number of locations or worlds they will be experiencing. But then when I think of the number '9' I think of  its meaning in the bible, which means finality. However, it's used as a scene divider so I'm curious to see if the divider would change once we start reaching the end. (Sorry, my mind is really all about that number nine lol). Besides the chapters' titles, we don't know where the characters will be going next, so it's very interesting to see what may or may not happen. 

I can tell you read a lot of good books xD Everything flowed nicely. 

►►►►►►

Grammar/Errors: (24/25)

Grammar overall was great. You used quite a variety of vocabs., however I would advise you that if you wish to keep this with 'proper' English then numbers below ten needs to be written out. 3 should be three. And also be careful with ellipses the three periods. I find a lot of authors who does this....Once they put the three periods/dots, they just assume that also counts as a period and it does not. You'll need a fourth dot/period to close that sentence, or else it would become an incomplete sentence. 

The only other suggestion I have is for you to proofread or have someone does it. I saw some minor errors like spelling a word incorrectly, spelling a character's name incorrectly, etc. It happens but proofreading should clear it right up.

All in all, I love your story mainly because of the languages/terminologies that were used in this story.  

►►►►►►

Overall Enjoyment: (5/5)

I enjoyed the story overall. You're doing a great job and if you were to update more often, I'm sure your story would be a big hit xD Side comment, I don't know if it's an age thing but man....Most 15 y/o are really great at writing (also talking about my sister), you gals used very distinctive and powerful terms to describe your story which makes it an easier and better read! And I was kind of grateful that though you've requested and waited for a while for another reviewer of mine, it was me who got to read your story in the end. So I was really grateful for that! I've learned a lot from the six chapters I've read so thank you! And sorry for the super duper late review~

►►►►►►

Total Score (96/100)

►►►►►►

Bonus: *Your questions and focuses for me*

Basically everything XD

Everything was explained above ^^


Feel free to message me if you have any further questions.
Thank you for choosing BLK's Reviews and for your patience! Hope to hear from you again~!
Please do not forget to credit our shop's logo/banner in your foreword.(We do not want to blacklist you!)