Panic At The Fanmeet - RedSpadeHanji

BLK's Review Shop ACHIEVE
Panic At The Fanmeet
Review
Pickup
ZXYvcz3.png 292 195

NOTE: Three Chapters (Spoiler Alerts)

(9.5/10) Title: I gave you most of the points here because I feel like the title apply well with the storyline and is a rare and intriguing title. However, I feel like it could be changed just so it won't give away the storyline. Because now we're expecting a panic at a fanmeeting. And honestly I thought it was improper English, or maybe it is but it sound awkward. 

(6/10) Character: Writers tends to think that idols don't change, or that their readers will know who they are, their personalities, appearances, and roles. But some simply doesn't know. For example, which era was this for VIXX? Was it when N had black hair, brown hair, red hair? What was he wearing? 

Side characters should always play a role in keeping the story interesting and going. However, none of them stood out because there were simply too many of them and the story felt rushed and was short. 

Although I love and listen to VIXX I do not know them very well. Does Leo really call s "sons"? Does N really call s "brothers"? Does Ken pout a lot? Is Hyuk a dare-devil or whatnot? 

The only characters that stood out a little was Leo and N, because Leo was "dying" and I think it was because N is the leader of VIXX? I wish there were more detailed descriptions of their appearances, behaviors, and roles. And then I wasn't sure if the band in the sequel is really a band or fictional for the story. 

(10/10) Originality: It was definitely a rare story I've ever come across and I thought the twist was a good touch to it. Great job here!

(30/40) Storyline/Plot: Although the story was rare and most importantly, unique. The pace of the story was rather rushed and there was not enough information of anything. We first started with VIXX signing album covers for their fans then the grim reaper showed up and threatened to take their lives. What confused me was that no one ran. No matter how scare you are, if you're panicking then it makes sense if you just rushed out of there. The ideal of the plot and storyline was good, I believe it just needed more explanation. Like who told them they'll die soon because they saw the reaper and why didn't any staff jump in to protect their idols? 

(20/25) Grammar/Errors: Ellipses are probably most writer's biggest problem. Ellipses are always three periods/dots "..." so when one plan to end a sentence with ellipses, make sure the fourth period is added. So you'll have four dots and that ends a sentence or idea. 

I wanted to compiment you on one thing, your variety usage of dictions was well done and made the story more enjoyable. Just make sure they were used properly. Instead of overusing "cute" in the beginning, try using more adjectives. How cute is cute? What is cute?

Other than the ellipses I feel like the only other problem you have (which are very common errors) were the mixed of tenses and sentence structure. A lot of sentences had to be rephrased/re-worded. And below are some example of that and other errors I spotted. Of course, I didn't get everything but only the more "major" ones. 

Original: N turned his head to be met with Ken's cute pout and huge, concerned eyes.

Suggestion: N turned his head just to see Ken's cute pout and huge, concerned eyes. ("to be met" sounded awkward.

Original: The fans' murmur rose in volume due to what they assume was panic at what was slowly unfolding in front of their eyes. 

Suggestion: The fans' murmur rose in volume due to what they assumed was the caused of panicking, at what was slowly unfolding in front of their eyes. (The whole sentence was structured awkwardly. I'm sure you can reword it better later on.

Original: The appearance is a bit off from what they were taught because they were expecting a skull, but it didn't take them five seconds to figure out.

Suggestion: Its appearnace threw them off when they were expecting a skull, yet it didn't take them more than five seconds to figure it out. 

Original: As for Leo, even though his subconscious tells him it's stupid, he still spoke up between tightly gritted teeth even though his courage is slowly crumbling apart.

Suggestion: As for Leo, even though his subconscious told him it's stupid, even when his courage is slowly crumbling apart, he still spoke up between tightly gritted teeth.

Original: [Chapter 2] What if he ended up killing himself.

Suggestion: What if he ended up killing himself?

Original: Everyone smiled and was about to let out a sigh of relief...

Suggestion: Everyone smiled and was about to let out a sigh of relief....

Original: Ken and N hugged each other with eyes shut tight, bracing themselves for the shock Leo experienced. Meanwhile, Leo and Ravi still had suspicious looks on their faces while the maknae line calmed down a bit but still crying.

Suggestion: Ken and N hugged each other with their eyes tightly shut, bracing themselves for the shock Leo experienced. Meanwhile, Leo and Ravi still had suspicious looks on their faces, and the maknae line had calmed down a bit but still crying.

(3/5) Overall Enjoyment: I enjoyed the whole idea of the story, I just wished more characters stood out and that there were more explanations than questions. I did however upvoted your story due to its unique contents. 

(78.5/100) Points Total

Bonus: Your questions and focuses for me:

Grammar; Under grammar :)

Flow of the story; It felt rushed thus damaged the feels and emotions of the whole story. I want to feel connected but the story just won't allow me to.

The sense and logic of the story; IF there were more explanation I feel like it could have made more sense. I don't understand the way of the Grim Reaper and how everyone knew they were doomed or damned just seeing it. And of all things, why scare VIXX and their fans with the idea of the Grim Reaper versus turning off the lights and just turning on a horror movie on the screen? Or was there no screen? Was it because VIXX were really scare of the Grim Reaper so the prank just happened to make it like that to freak them out? I couldn't understand the emotions, logic, and sense behind each character.

Appeal to the readers, particularly to you: At first it did because I found it really interesting, a panic caused by a prank during a fan meeting. That was indeed appealing, but after reading the one shot? I lost a little interest.

Korean language usage: I didn't find anything wrong with the Korean you used in the story. Great job~

And I believe that was everything I wanted to point out.

Feel free to message me if you have any further questions.

Thank you for choosing BLK Reviews and for your patience! Hope to hear from you again!

Please don't forget to credit our shop's logo/banner in your Foreword.

Reviewer: KaihleeLo
Review for:  RedSpadeHanji

Requested on: 11/9/2014
Finished On: 11/9/2014
Cover by:

Story link