Bangtan: Royal Harem - TheParakeet

BLK's Review Shop ACHIEVE
photo 4bcb3007-8044-4538-a5ee-77ab70182285_zpse67799fb.jpg

Story:   Bangtan: Royal Harem (M-)

Requestor's Username:   TheParakeet

Reviewer's AFF Name:  

ab769205-ccda-4e48-8b62-4c5f03b29a6b_zps

Date Received - Date Completed:   31 July 2014 - 31 July 2014
 

NOTE:   This is a review on the first 2 chapters only!
 

(8/10) Title:   It's a great and straightforward title. I dock 2pt because it can be misleading. On my first impression, I thought BTS were going to be Kings and Princes in the story. Finding out some are actually concubines, was a nice twist and made me giggled (I imagined the characters wearing girl hanboks).

(10/10) Character:   A strong King, a vixen concubine, a carefree scholar, and a caring friend. The characters seem to come across very nicely, probably because Historical Dramas are my favorites.

(9/10) Originality:   The origin and its reality seem very real, with the help of great uses of details. The story is creative and original, I have not read one like it before.

(40/40) Storyline/Plot:   Your storyline/plot is very well written and descriptive. With the great details, I can picture what was going on, and best of all, it made me blushed. Any reader will be able to visualize as they read this story. The pace of the story is about right, not too fast or too slow.

(19/25) Grammar/Errors:   Your choices of words is good, but I see few small grammar and punctuation errors, like forgetting a word, and not using/forgetting to use commas. Sentence structure is okay, but sometimes it consists of unnecessary words that causes me to lose the point of the sentence.

(5/5) Overall Enjoyment:   BTS is one of my favorite Kpop group + just makes me grin throughout the chapters I read. It's fun and exciting to read.
 

(91/100) Points Total

 

Bonus:   Your questions and focuses for us:

Is the story predictable?   -Historical, being my most favorite drama genre, made the story predictable, but not a bad predictable. Making the story a made it fresh, different, and exciting to read. I can't help but smile as I read even if it's predictable.

Favorite character and why:   Thus far, my favorite character is Taehyung. His character comes off as funny, cute, caring, and lovable.

Plot holes/decisions that are illogical:   No, because I honestly think that any decision the characters take, whether they are illogical or not, help us see the personality of the character. It also helps us see and have an idea of what the character is like.

Thank you for choosing BLK Reviews and for your patience! Hope to hear from you again!


Reviewed: Foreword-26:Season 2 Episode 18

Reviewer's AFF Name: KaihleeLo

Date Story Reviewed was Received & Completed: 31 July 2014

 

Title (10/10): The title was perfect in my opinion! The only characters and all characters in the fic were from Bangtan so that's perfect! It is a very catchy title and I would not change it even if I could.

Character (9/10): Each character's personality was beautifully written and well described. There were flashbacks from the character's childhood and it really showed how they have improved and grown out of their shells over the years. Each character's was distinctively different from another which makes it even a more fun read. All the character's emotions, feelings, and thoughts tied well together. I docked one point because I feel the King's character and personality wasn't thoroughly explained and described enough. I would like to see more of his way of thinking.

Originality (10/10): It was very historical and real. The situation within the story was real and every incidents and events was well written. The scenes were also described so well that I felt it was a mini drama playing at the back of my mind and I could visualize everything perfectly without images and pictures.

Storyline/Plot (37/40): The transitions between each scene were nicely done and easy to follow. The flow and progression of the story was smoothed and concise. Every scene received the same effort and was described nicely. Although it was a predictable story, the twists to each scene made it even more interesting. I dock a few points because at one point I felt the story was mainly focusing on colors and plants. I found that interesting but at the same time I was wondering if the significance of those colors and plants will reveal something later on in the story. Other than that I love the story I love the characters, it was a good read!

Grammar/Errors (23/25): The story was very concise. All the dictions usage was very detailed and simple which made reading easy to follow. There were minor errors with spellings, repeating some of the character's actions but using different words in the same sentence, or describing the scenery, etc. At the beginning I found that there were a lot of commas that wasn't necessary, but throughout the story that improved so kudos. Other than that grammar/errors wasn't a big issue.

Overall Enjoyment (5/5): I loved it! There was never a boring scene and I felt every scene was slowly moving forward the storyline, teaching and revealing something about the story! Near the beginning I was surprised how similar our stories were. (Currently working on a historical story too). Overall I felt I just finished watching a K-drama and loved it!

Bonus- In the request form you asked for us to focus on:

Is the story predictable? In some areas but as mentioned, the twists made it even better and less predictable.

Favorite character and why: I love Jimin just because he's a very mysterious character. I love characters that work and focus on businesses and the likes of it. He seem like someone who has an evil plan but at the same time he's caring and cheerful.

Plot holes/decisions that are illogical: In every story we tend to see characters make logical and/or illogical decisions depending how it will be used against them, but that's but makes a character so there's no issue regarding this.

Points Total: (94/100) Thank you for choosing BLK Reviews! Hope to hear from you again!