Eliston Academy - kpopamaze

BLK's Review Shop ACHIEVE
Eliston Academy
Review
Pickup
ZXYvcz3.png 292 195

NOTE:Eleven chapters - on-going

(10/10) Title: I tried to find something wrong with your title but I just couldn't. Most authors on AFF have lengthy titles or short titles that are too brief. Short ones are more memorable but they just past by you without noticing. I admire stories that have a title that can perfectly blend in with novels around the world. If you turned this into a book and threw it into a pile of other published stories, I would've picked it up and started to read it. 

I may be overreacting because it's just a name of an academy but that's not the point. The point is that you didn't name your story My Ruined Life or School With Seven Stupid Boys. It was named after something that started your character's life. 

(10/10) Character: There's definitely a wide range of character developement. There's the bullies, the fangirls, the nerds, and the stupid kids(a.k.a Jungkook). 

For Jungkook, his personality is spoiled. He gets what he wants no matter how he does it and that's childish. Which brings me to the reason of why I he fits in with the stupid kid. I believe that he does have potential to get his grades up but he's just using this tutoring thing to get close to Soo Min. Isn't that how you planned it out? For their relationship to grow stronger there needs to be some kind of bond that helps string it. He's a big baby too, Suga did this so why won't she allow him to do so?  

For Soo Min, she's rather a tough girl that doesn't bow down to anyone's feet. I like that she can stand up to bullies, and I like how she challenges herself to do things that others try to make her back out of. Like, you go girl. Keep on keeping. Other stories have their bully beat them senseless and their night and shining armor comes around the corner, or a brave girl comes and and they become the best of friends all of a sudden. Thank gosh, if you added a scene with this I would've stopped reading your story and just give a review on the chapter's before. 

For Suga, he doesn't seem like he likes her. He's kind of like Jin isn't he? He doesn't meddle with her business as much but this time he's just .. meddling. I don't know. But he's only getting involved for her sake of Jungkook wanting to get into her pants. That's so nice of you Suga. 

Note: Did my second to last sentence here make any sense?

For Jimin, he's a real female dog. Excuse me sir you ain't doin' all this for your friend Jungkook, nuh uh. I KNOW YOU JUST WANT SOO MIN FOR YOURSELF. "Do you want to see my abs?" "I'm only doing this so she likes me instead so she won't fall for Jungkook." Real smooth buddy, real smooth. And then he tells her his whole story about his family and then the ending comes.

Hooks, the question hooks. No, no, no missy. The best hook is a scene that ends perfectly, so it leaves you craving more. Using a question is the easy way out of ending a chapter, and it's also the iest way. Of course if someone inquires something like "So you wanna tell me now?" the reader is supposed to then get curious and write in the comments "OMFG I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HER STORY IS." No, when I read that ending I gave up. I wasn't curious anymore. 

Note: This last paragraph is apart of the storyline/plot. It's here because it fit in after what I was saying with Jimin's personality. I took off two more points for the storyline/plot. 

(9/10) Originality: Some of my Overall Enjoyment will be stated here. I really enjoyed reading different people. There's EXO here, EXO there and I hate it. But ironically enough I've a fanfic starring Kai. But that's a whole different story, there's a reason why Kai is the main character and I'm just telling you so you don't go check my stories and call me a hypocrite. Anyways there are many BTS stories that I've read that don't have this theme. Actually playing hard to get is pretty common on AFF but I don't read most of them because their grammar makes me cry. I try to avoid those stories so I can finally get stoked with this one! 

(26/40) Storyline/Plot: I'll begin by commenting on the description/foreword. They're both eyecatching. However the question in the description bothers me. Authors use questions as hooks to get readers curious and that's great but I don't want to be lured in with that. I want a fact or a statement that'll blow my mind. 

I thought how BTS met her was ridiculous. I wanted to smack Rap Monster and shred him to pieces. Your nightmare. No dude, don't get all cheesy on me now. This is a school and just because some things are out of order doesn't mean it's considered that. I actually expected the place to be a lot worst but it turns out that she's just tutoring some idiots and Jimin hat

Flow in the story is average, but a dance already on the tenth chapter? That was really unexpected. I understand that she got into this academy because of a scholarship, but shouldn't she be paying attention to her grades instead of toturing some kids? She did work that hard so her mother wouldn't have to pay, but what's she doing playing around? If her classes are that easy for her then why is she taking that course? 

Note: Your before score was a thirty-two. The Update at the bottem explains why I took four points off. Alright, you second original score was twenty-eight, the reason I took two more points off is found under Character.

(23/25) Grammar/ErrorsSince English is your first language I graded rougher than a person that has English as their second language. This is also something you want me to focus on so it's going to be somewhat long if you don't mind.

Something I noticed is that you have random commas in your sentences. I would've added those corrections before but there were too many to correct again and again. I've also included a correction side and a suggestion one, and all of this is in chronlogical order.

Description; 

Original: She finally gets accepted and recieves a scholarship to Eliston Academy, a famous, distinguished school where rich kids rule.

Correction: She finally gets accepted and recieves a scholarship to Eliston Academy, a famous and distinguished school where rich kids rule. 

Reviewer's troll comment: That rhymes. It can be the school's slogan. "Come study at Eliston Academy! A school where rich kids rule!" 

Original: What happens when she messes with the school's admired group BTS; seven boys who want nothing but trouble? 

Suggestion: What happens when she messes with the school's admired group BTS, seven boys who want nothing but trouble? 

Foreword;

Original: Meet Soo Min. Average, normal, ordinary, typical, standard. 

Correction: Meet Soo Min. She's average, normal, ordinary, typical, and standard.

Suggestion: Meet Soo Min. She's an average, normal, and typical girl. (Or student)

Chapter one; 

Original: I was done my packing when my mother poke her head through the door of my room. 

Correction: I was done packing when my mother poke her head through the door of my room. 

Original: "It's okay mom, I'll return a sometime this month to visit you," 

Correction: "It's okay mom, I'll return sometime this month to visit you,"

Original: A pond was to the right of the school, with worn down benches around it and smiling students with orderly and nice white and blue uniforms; skirts and blazers for the girls and trousers and jackets blazers with ties for the boys.

Correction: A pond was to the right of the school, with worn down benches around it and smiling students with orderly nice white and blue uniforms; skirts and blazers for the girls while trousers and jackets blazers with ties for the boys.

Chapter two;

Original: After they left, I sighed, all the fight leaving me. 

Correction: I uhh, actually don't know what you meant by this sentence. All the fight leaving you? 

Chapter three;

Original(First paragraph, nineth sentence): The rooms were clean, with pre folded bedsheets and soft carpets. 

Correction: The rooms were clean, with pre-folded bedsheets and soft carpets.

Chapter four;

Original(Near the end of the first scene): "....I've barely know you. .."

Correction: "....I barely know you. .."

Note: I read this story pretty late on my phone and I found some errors in your chapters but because I can't edit the review chapter on my phone I took a screen shot of the mistake and was planning on reading it again tomorrow to type them down. However I'm rereading the screenshots that I took but I can't find the mistakes from last time. I swear I read them over and over again somewhat six times.

If you want to know what part of your story that I took screen shots of, you can click the chapters below.

Chapter nine. Chapter ten.  

Note: If I've made a mistake myself or you think the correction isn't needed or right, comment down below so I can fix it or explain it to you. 

(5/5) Overall Enjoyment: This is seriously my first five that I'm giving. Other stories that I've reviewed only got close enough to a four, and I would count that as great already. But a five? I gave you a five because even though most stories have this plotline, the characters are what matter the most. I can read storylines like this all the time, but since most of the stories on AFF are on EXO I just keep on reading the same people. A fanfic on BTS, and it's actually good? Uhh, what? Do those exist? Of course they do I just read yours! 

I kind of ship her with Suga though, I don't like how Jungkook has dated almost every girl. Like bro, just stop. SHE DOESNT HAVE TIME FOR YOUR SHENANIGANS. Actually I'm shipping her with Jungkook too, but just a little. I'm definitely staying subscribed to this story, so keep the updates coming! Shipping her with Jimin is a no to me. Sorry bro, but you gotta step outta your phobia of losing your friends and open up. 

lolactuallyshippingherwithjungkookalot.

(82/100) Points Total This is the highest official grade I've given so far. 

Bonus: Your questions and focuses for us:

Grammar/spelling: Found under grammar/errors

Advice: First off, I'm not an official writer that has millions of my books sold around the world, rather I'm an amateur writer. This advice is going to be my advice, whatever goes here is what I follow. There's this one quote that I recently heard and ever since then it's gotten a gold star from me.

Your life is an unwritten book. Only you hold the pen.

I admire this quote so much because all I've been doing is being greedy. I can't speak up because I'm afraid of others judging me. I can't go sky driving because of the fear of death. I can't eat this certain food because of my health records. I've been locking myself in and at the same time I don't want it, but I can't control what I can. This probably doesn't make sense to you, but I'm not going to explain any futher. What I'm saying is that I hold the pen for my life, and you hold yours. We shouldn't hold back from doing things we want, we should make a memory and have it age anciently. Every compliment, every critism I just said here, you don't need to listen to it. If you like writing a certain way, then don't restrain yourself from it because a nobody reviewer told you to do so. 

As cheesy as it is, my advice for you is to be yourself. Whether it's painting, whether it's writing, whether it's making decisions. If you like the way you do things, chances are that someone else does too.

Progess/Flow: Found understand storyline/plot

Noted favorites: I really like how you didn't use Korean words in here. Fanfics that have their character say oppa or noona is really uneeded. 

I also favor how Jungkook isn't that persistant on getting Soo Min to like him. Keep that up, and don't add in scenes where he's constantly bugging her for her attention.

The Update(Mostly about chapter eleven): In your next update, it had everything. The right grammar, the great flow, and the noted favorites turned. Aish is considered a Korean word to me, and like I said above you don't use Korean words. And the multiple perspectives, did you read my other reviews? 

I don't know what to say. Did you update in a bad mood? Because your touch for chapter eleven's details and idea died. My honest opinion is everything you did from chapter one-to-ten was perfect. Chapter eleven was a screw up. Sorry, I can't stay subscribed to this story much longer.

When you make it to the featured page, comment back here about how much you improved. About how I was wrong to say these things to you, about how you stayed successful.    

Feel free to message me if you have any further questions.

Thank you for choosing BLK Reviews and for your patience! Hope to hear from you again!

Please don't forget to credit our shop's logo/banner in your Foreword.

Reviewer: mysterfly 
Review for: kpopamaze

Requested on: 08/26/2014
Finished On: 08/29/2014
Cover by: LovelyBless

Story link