Word Count: 0 - kukunoona

BLK's Review Shop ACHIEVE

the

blk Shop

review

Home

GETTING STARTED

Archieve

OUR PREVIOUS WORK

Staff

ABOUT OUR STAF

Rubric

MORE ABOUT HOW WE GRADE

Story Details

 

Author: kukunoona
Reviewed By: KaihleeLo

Requested Date: 1/24/16

Review Completion: 5/20/16
Story Link: Link
Reminder: 

- Feel free to message me personally for any questions or clarification 

- Don't forget to credit us with our banner/logo 

- Thank you for choosing BLK Review Shop, hope to see you again!

Bonus: (Your questions and focuses for us here)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Review

 

Title: 10/10

Logical: 3/3

Before I got to the end, I kept thinking to myself, Jinwoo seems to be doing more thinking and writing versus talking, but right at the end you had me. The title fits 100% without a doubt. 

 

Though to be proper, I suggest spelling out 'zero' just because it's under/less than 10 and any number under 10 should be spelled out. I can see why it can be written in its digit form but at the same time it's a title, a number under 10 in a title (and just to be formal).


Eye-catching: 3/3
I wouldn't consider the title exactly eye-catching but it will draw in one's attention at some point. It's no ordinary title that one may pass without thinking and wondering to themself what the story could be about. 


Original: 4/4
Never seen one like it before. Perfect title that went along perfectly with the story.

Description/Foreword: 10/10

Summary: 5/5

As said in the title section, I thought the summary was misleading until the end. Mainly because there were no real signs that Jinwoo was quite the talker, there were some but no other character really gave it away that he was quite a talker. So when he's barely speaking, it made me question the story's summary. But really it summarized what the ending was going to be like and I don't think I've ever seen it done so brilliantly different before. 


Appearance: 5/5
The layout and appearance were all done fairly well. No major setbacks; very simple, very clean and easy to read through. 


Character Development/Showcasing: 10/10

Development: 5/5

As the story was told in Jinwoo's POV, it didn't give us much space about the development of everyone else since we haven't a clue what was going through their minds. But we do get to see how Jinwoo have developed as a friend who had a crush on another man, who saw him as a friend and best man. In the end Jinwoo was able to let it all go and give up his own happiness, his own love for his friend, his crush. It showed how well developed he was and how much he loved Mino, if he had said something, his character definitely would have been seen differently. 


Relation/Cast: 5/5
There were quite a few side characters like the leads, Mino's fiancee Irene, Wendy, and all of Winner. GD and Big Bang were also a crucial part of the casted characters. However, though majority weren't given enough light, I think it was still a very well chosen cast. Normally it would have been better if any side characters get some attention and given some sort of role that would help the storyline. However, this story didn't necessarily require or needed that. Because then it would have distracted the reader's attention from the storyline and plus they weren't exactly significant characters that mattered. Though the cast I did find a bit too big for the importance of the story. 

 

And as Mino and Jinwoo seemed popular (as they played ball in high school) it only made sense that they had a few friends around. 


Behind the Author's Mind: 40/40

Logical: 10/10

The logic and beliveability behind the story was definitely there. No major surprises, no unnecessarily twist that could have turned the story an unwanted direction. 
Original: 10/10
The idea of marriage and love interest before a wedding is not exactly new. However, what made this original was the fact that Jinwoo held everything in for his friend and love interest. Many stories would have gone for the happily ever after and give the lead what he or she wanted. That however wasn't the case here.  
Tone: 5/5
The tone was stabled throughout the story. 

Narration: 5/5

The story stayed in Jinwoo's POV from the beginning to the end and there were no changes of narration or POV, so that's good. 
Storyline: 10/10
The pace of the story started off well and easygoing. Then certain things started happening like the concert and it was the one thing that threw me off as it didn't have much to do with the wedding concept in the story.. I was taken aback but after reading it till the end, I found it to be a refresher in the story. 

 

To be honest, as the story was marked and so far there were no mention of within the story, so I did thought that near the end Mino would completely ditch Irene and just propose to Jinwoo. (Me and my weird thoughts, I know) But it was in the end where we got to know that Jinwoo actually had a crush and had loved Mino since High School. So I thought that was a good ending and at the same time very interesting and brilliant. 


Proper Use of the English Language: 24/25

Proper Grammar/Punctuation: 8.5/10

There were minor grammar errors, but these are given when no proofreads were taken place. Or one just missed it as he/she re-read his/her work. But I did place down those errors that I found below. I only explained the last one as I'm sure you'll be able to figure out what was wrong with the other three. Otherwise your grammar and punctuation were near perfect. 

 

"Why? what's funny?" 

 

"I think this (is) it."

 

She seems streesed.

 

Gosh, now I sound like a stalker fan

(Stalker is a person who stalks and fan is also a noun. Thus using either 'stalking fan' or 'stalker' is the better choice)

 

Termonology: 5/5
Your wide usage of vocabulary definitely did this one shot justice. I believe you did well choosing your words.


Language Barrier: 10/10
There were no non-English expression used so there were no marks docked here. Kudos!


General Enjoyment/Last Comment: 5/5
I enjoyed the story a lot. Many of the events as said did keep me on my toes but at the same time it was good. (Probably also shows how much wedding stories I've actually read in all of my reviewing career). 

 

Once again I apologize for the late, late review. Hope you gained something from this review. 

 

Total Points: 98.5/100

Everything on this thread unless otherwise stated was created by in:exordium's staff.
This theme is by Nefelibata Themes and can be used as base and can be tweaked to your heart's content!