Sunlight and Lullabies - TheChickWithThePlan

BLK's Review Shop ACHIEVE

Sunlight and Lullabies

Reviewer: dhaatk
Review for: TheChickWithThePlan

Requested on: 04/09/2015
Finished On: 04/10/2015



NOTE: 3 Chapters (Spoiler Alert)

(10/10) Title: The chosen title is original and links with the story. Some stories with words “sunlight” or “lullaby” in their titles can be found but never those words were combined before on this site.

(9/10) Character:  Basically, there are only two characters and that is enough for this story to be fully developed. Both Jongin and Kyungsoo are truly out of this world, but they are each others' weirdos. The way young men interact with one another makes reader grow to love them. What might be an issue to most readers, is Kyungsoo's character. From the very beginning he seems like the one, who would take the lead in the future. Or in other words, he just looks dominant, while Jongin – submissive. These terms are not used to describe their ual life but rather how they talk and who encourages conversations the most. Soon Kyungsoo's character changes and he shows his sensitive side. This becomes confusing and the reader is startled a bit with a question: Wait, isn't Jongin the naïve and delicate one? One more drawback is Donghae's character. Since there are so little characters in general, every single one of them must have significant meaning. Kyungsoo mentions Donghae a couple of times, but this character does not become relevant in the end.

(10/10) Originality: The idea of this story really extraordinary! Not a lot of stories like this can be found (if any at all).

(40/40) Storyline/Plot: As it has been mentioned already, the whole story is very well-developed. There are no plot holes or they are nicely hidden that only extremely keen reader could find them. The pace and flow are satisfactory. Not a lot of is happening anyway, so there are no unpleasant leaps of time. There is really not much to be said about the storyline. Except that it is slow, somewhat calming and enjoyable.

(25/25) Grammar/Errors: The grammar skills of yours are simply perfect! I did not spot any mistakes. The choice of words is amazing and vocabulary is very rich. Just one small remark – it would be nicer for the reader's eye, if there were full paragraphs, not each sentence from new line.

(4/5) Overall Enjoyment: I enjoyed this story to a great extent! It is simple but warm and cute. The narration runs smoothly and I was confused only a couple of times throughout the whole text. Nice job! Good luck with your future stories.

(98/100) Points Total


Feel free to give any further questions.

Please don't forget to credit our shop's logo in your Foreword.