Calling for Baby iamnellie02

♥ One-shot Request Shop ♥ [CLOSED!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Iamnellie02

Myungyeon

Jiyeon and Myungsoo are the best of friends. Jiyeon secretly likes Myungsoo but cannot confess because he has a girlfriend that he dearly loves. Myungsoo accidentally learned about her feelings when he heard her talking to her female friends. Not wanting to risk their friendship, Myungsoo confronted Jiyeon about what he heard and told her that "he could never cross the line" (friends to lovers) because he really loves his girlfriend and she's only a friend to him. But then again, he also does not want Jiyeon out of his life completely that's why he requested for her to be just his best friend. Several months after the confrontation, Myungsoo thought that everything is back to normal. Unbeknownst to him, even though Jiyeon acts happy for him and his girlfriend, she is breaking inside. Jiyeon finally reached her breaking point one day when she heard Myungsoo tell his girlfriend to marry him in the future. Heartbroken, she accepted her parents' offer to live with them in America. 

Extra: Please give myungyeon a happy ending. Make Myungsoo realize that he loves his best friend all this time. Make him wait for her return, but after waiting for two years, he would follow her abroad. Don't let Jiyeon accept him immediately. However, make Jiyeon civil with him but not take him seriously whenever he's insisting he loves her. Please don't make the story a fluffy one. Make them mature in the way they interact with each other. Thank you :) 

“Jiyeon-ah! Guess what? Guess what?!”

The said girl looked at her best friend with a wide grin on her face, “What?”

‘Guess it! Come on~ It’s easy!”

“I don’t know… You scored all As again?”

“That’s an obvious statement, Park Jiyeon.”

Jiyeon scoffed playfully as she nudged him, “Then? What’s up?”

“Injoo accepted me! She accepted my confession! Remember Injoo? You met her before too! At the library?! Remember?! She’s in my course and we’re classmate! That girl! That long-haired girl!”

Jiyeon could feel her world tumbling down as just his one sentence. “Injoo…”

“Yeah! Remember?! Any recall?!”

“Y-Yeah… I guess…”

“She finally accepted my confession! Oh God! I swear she was hard to woo. But she finally accepted me. She even admitted she likes me since a long time ago too! Finally I got her, Jiyeon-ah!”

“Eo… That’s nice…”

“Aren’t you happy for me?!”

“Of course I am.” Jiyeon forced out a laugh and hugged him tightly, but she only wanted to hide her tears away.

Using the opportunity when she hugged him, Jiyeon used her fingers to brush those tears away in a hurry.

“Congrats, Myung~ You finally got her!”

“Yeah! It took me 4 months to finally confess! I thought she would reject but-” And Myungsoo blabbered on about his hardships to woo Injoo.

Jiyeon would nod her head at times to show she was listening to him, but truthfully, she wasn’t. She shut his voice out.

At that moment, she just wanted to be alone.

But being the best friend she always was, she allowed Myungsoo to stay longer at her apartment and continued blabbering about how great his girl was.

Jiyeon could feel his heart breaking into even smaller pieces as time went by, and she finally broke down when Myungsoo left.

Jiyeon held her phone tightly as she stared at her wallpaper for the longest time ever while her tears were flowing down mercilessly.

“I guess… It’s just my one-sided love all along. 13 years. 13 long years of one-sided love.”

They knew each other since they were 7, and Jiyeon fell for him at the first sight they met. They were neighbours, and coincidentally, they went to the same school since then.

As such, the duo became real best buddies.

Jiyeon’s love for him grew tremendously as years passed by, but she kept it in her heart, afraid it would turn awkward for everyone if she were to confess.

But even if she wanted to, she already had the answer.

Myungsoo treated her as a friend, and he loved somebody else.

There wasn’t even a space in his heart for her.

Jiyeon used three days to cover the feeling for Myungsoo deep inside her heart again.

It wasn’t as though she hasn’t done it before.

To be honest, she was an expert in this.

Myungsoo did ask for her whereabouts, and she simply said she was sick and told him not to bother her since she doesn’t want to pass it to him, and he listened.

He hasn’t reacted that way before but once he was in this relationship, it was as though he pushed Jiyeon away, not bothering about her at all.

She had always been hiding her feeling, so this wasn’t any challenge to her.

But the biggest challenge was to watch how the couple held hands, how they would hug each other in front of her, and how they would even give small pecks in front of her.

She admitted, their relationship was pure and innocent, and they were only at their first stage. Jiyeon was jealous, but she couldn’t do a thing too.

All she could do was to stay put, and be by his side as his best friend.

Once again, Jiyeon witnessed how the couple hugged each other tightly, as if they will be separated for a long time.

It was just a few hours of separation since Injoo had to go for a lesson, but not Myungsoo.

And as such, Myungsoo followed Jiyeon to the library since she too, had a free period then.

They settled down on a table in the corner, her usual and favourite place, before hopping off to get books to read.

Myungsoo decided to stay put in his seat since he was too lazy to move, and his eyes caught her bag at once.

“This weird girl… What did she bring? It looks so heavy!”

And his itchy hands opened it, and fiddled with everything inside her bag.

A particular book caught his eyes immediately, and he took it out to flip it opened, only to realize it was her diary.

“Wow… She writes diary too?!”

Myungsoo scoffed playfully before flipping the pages after he read the content. To his horror, every page had his name in it.

And she clearly admitted how long and how much she loved him.

Myungsoo had his mouth widely opened until the last page of the entry, and right on the dot, Jiyeon returned to the table with three books in her hands.

She too, had her eyes widely opened, and her jaws apart when she saw how Myungsoo was holding onto that familiar book.

“Myung…”

“Jiyeon-ah…” Myungsoo stood up from his seat and placed the book down onto the table while staring at it, “I didn’t know… You…”

“Myung… I-”

“For how long?”

“What?”

“For how long did you love me?”

Jiyeon heaved a heavy sigh before answering him, honestly, “13 years.” She found no reason to lie to him too, since he knew it already.

“Till now?”

“Yeah.”

“But I…”

“It’s fine!” Jiyeon forced a wide smile and sat down on her seat, as though it wasn’t hurting.

“Jiyeon-ah. We’re friends. Just best friends and nothing more. You know I can’t like you that way. And I have Injoo too.”

“I know.” Jiyeon kept her diary into her bag and flipped open the first book on top of that stack she brought over.

“We will be best friends forever, right?”

“Of course, Myung! What are you saying?! We’re best friends forever!”

“You won’t leave me because I don’t return your feelings, right?”

Jiyeon narrowed her eyes playfully and eyed him, “Am I that shallow to you, Kim Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo didn’t know what to say, and all he did was to smile in return too. “You’re not. I know that. We’re best friends forever.”

“Yes, we are.”

Myungsoo took his bag up and sighed softly, “I’ll go grab some food before going to class. I’m hungry now. See you later, Jiyeon-ah.”

“Alright, Myung~ See you later!” Jiyeon sent him off with a grin but once he was out of sight, she broke down again.

Thank goodness the library was empty, she no one knew she was crying in that lonely corner.

Myungsoo walked down the empty corridor and sighed sadly as he headed to the cafeteria. “I didn’t know you like me, Jiyeon-ah. I’m sorry I don’t feel the same.”

At that moment, he thought Jiyeon was just his friend. He doesn’t want to lose a best friend like her, and as such, he made a selfish decision to ask her to be his best friend for life.

That was what he thought.

Jiyeon returned to class when the time was up, and finally, the hectic day ended for her. She messaged Myungsoo she had to go first since her mother asked her to do some errand, and he understood.

Maybe she needed some time – was what he thought.

After a few days, everything returned to normal.

Myungsoo was still happily in a relationship with Injoo, and Jiyeon was still the same, hiding her feelings and acting as though everything was alright.

It was hard for her, but she had to do it, since she doesn’t want to lose a best friend like Myungsoo.

She had some selfish thoughts too. And that was to wait till the couple break up, so Myungsoo would return to her side.

But the more she thought about it, the more she felt so bad.

She wasn’t that shallow, as she said before, and so, that thought only occurred in her mind for a minute. She never had the same thought again, and all she wanted was to be his best friend.

She would be his support if he needed her, and she would be there if he needed her.

But as days went by, it seemed as though she wasn’t needed.

Myungsoo confided everything to Injoo instead of her. He used to tell her everything, but after he got into a relationship, he told Injoo everything instead.

As such, whenever the three hanged out, Jiyeon would feel so left out. She had no idea what the duo was talking about, and she was being kicked to a side.

At times, she could see Injoo smirking at her too, but she brushed it away thinking she had a faulty eye-sight.

It was yet another day for Jiyeon, and it was nearing the end of the semester. Jiyeon got all As for her exams and she ran about the school to show it off to her best friend, but instead, she got a surprise herself.

She spotted the couple on the rooftop, as usual, and was about to charge to them but quickly stopped her steps when she heard the word ‘marriage’ coming out from Myungsoo’s lips.

“Injoo-ah. When we graduate and had a stable job, I would ask for your hand. You would agree to my proposal, right?”

That moment was the worse for Jiyeon. She arrived at a wrong timing, just to hear what Myungsoo had said.

And her broken heart broke further into pieces. The mended heart was being pierced with countless of arrows again, by the same person.

Jiyeon held onto her papers tightly and ran all the way home after gathering her stuffs, slamming her door shut after she reached her room and cried her heart out that noon again.

Her mother stood outside her door and she heard every cry of hers.

That broke her heart too. It was her daughter, and she was shedding tears. She was upset, and as a mother, she couldn’t do a thing for her.

Mrs. Park returned to her room to contact her husband about it, and they finally decided on something important.

That night, the adults called Jiyeon down for a small meeting together, just to ask for her opinion.

“Jiyeon-ah.”

The girl had her eyes swollen as they could see, but she managed to put on a strong front again. “Yes, omma? What do you have to discuss with me? Is it that important since appa is here too?”

She even had the mood to joke, which caused her parents to feel so much worse. “Jiyeon-ah.”

“Yeah?”

“What do you think of studying in America?”

“America?”

“Yeah. Would you like to go to America with us? Actually… Your appa had to move to America since his company shifted him over to let him take care of the new building there. If you want to go too, we can go together as a family. But if you don’t wish to go, I can stay here with you.”

Jiyeon lowered her head, but her brain was processing her mother’s words. “How long will we be in America?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter