Chapter 192: Taking the Blame

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After hearing these words, Kangjun’s eyes grew big as they reddened with anger. He then grabbed Yeji and asked through gritted teeth. “Jiwon is already dead, can’t you let go of a dead person?”

“I don’t even care about the living, why would I care about the dead?” Yeji gave a light laugh as she looked at him with her dewy eyes. “Kangjun, we have been friends for many years. We are the ones that are friends, how could you go help Jooeun? What benefits has she given you? Is it really worth giving up our friendship for?”

“Jooeun didn’t give me any particular benefits. Unlike you, she can’t give me the luxuries of fame and fortune, but Yeji, in front of Jooeun, I feel human. At least she doesn’t constantly try to threaten me.”

After expressing his thoughts, Kangjun loosened his grip and sneered. “So don’t even mention the word ‘friend’ in front of me – it makes me sick.”

As Yeji was pushed away, her heart suffered a blow. “I know I make you feel sick, but have you ever considered how difficult of a position I am in?”

“Jooeun has it more difficult than you. At least you don’t have to deal with a boss that is as sinister as you.” Seeing Yeji remain quiet, Kangjun didn’t want to continue arguing with her. “I can hand in my resignation, but if you want me to vouch for your innocence regarding the recording – impossible.”

“If you want to see Jiwon being scolded by netizens even after her death, then you’re welcome to give it a try!”

Kangjun glared at Yeji, it took all the strength in his body to hold back the urge to slap her across the face. In the end, he simply nodded. “Fine, I’ll help you. What do you want me to do?”

“Hold a press conference, clarify this entire incident had nothing to do with me, and tell everyone you created the recording by piecing words together!”

Kangjun stared helplessly as Yeji turned her back to him. It was obvious she wanted him to lose all standing and reputation as soon as he left Sublime. He had already got to this point, would it make any difference whether he took the blame or not?

“Fine.” Kangjun replied straightforwardly. However, as he turned to leave, he added “You better not regret it.”

Yeji did not turn back. She maintained her pride as a CEO as she snorted in contempt. She assumed, with Jiwon’s reputation under the line, Kangjun wouldn’t be able to play any tricks.

After leaving the office, Kangjun did not tell anyone about his conversation with Yeji. He simply headed to Jiwon’s grave all by himself and sat quietly by her tombstone for the rest of the day.

“Jiwon-ah, why didn’t you take me with you?”

At this time, it had already hit night in London. Jooeun did not receive any updates from Kangjun and was feeling a little anxious. In regards to Sublime, there wasn’t much she could get Taejoo to do. Not to mention, GK had enough on their plate.

With the absence of Kangjun, Minjung was busy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter