Chapter 117: No Longer Retreating

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For this show, Cha Jooeun was originally meant to only do the opening. But because of Suzy, Jooeun had instead secured a lot more opportunities to appear on the runway. With Jooeun’s presence, all the other models became nothing in comparison. Like an empty vessel taking a stroll on the runway – with no soul at all. This is the incredible thing about Cha Jooeun.

The show director found he had to take a double-take on Cha Jooeun because this is extremely rare, not only was Jooeun’s professionalism exceptional – more importantly, her personal style is outstanding and impressive. It was like she was born for the runway and they had fused to become one.

During his excitement, the show director peered out into the audience and noticed an extraordinary man sitting amongst the guests. His gaze was sharp and deep like that of an eagle’s. And the entire time, his eyes were locked on Cha Jooeun. He gave off an aura that any male could sense; a desire to protect and possess.

It was Lee Jeonghwan! The CEO of GK had actually disregarded his status and made an appearance at Royalty’s show?

Even though backstage rumors were already spreading that Cha Jooeun and Lee Jeonghwan knew each other personally, no one had actually witnessed anything with their own eyes. Now that the show director spotted the man himself, he was shocked as well as worried. If Cha Jooeun will tell Lee Jeonghwan about what happened backstage…But maybe he was thinking too much into it. If Cha Jooeun and GK’s relationship is really that great, there’s no way she would only be in the position she is in at present. However, how could he explain the look in Lee Jeonghwan’s eyes?

While the show director was still in shock, Lee Jeonghwan’s gaze settled upon him. Just as the director wanted to say something, Lee Jeonghwan looked at him with a faint smile and told him to shush. He was gesturing to keep his mouth shut! The show director was dumbfounded as he stood frozen in place nodding his head – it really was Lee Jeonghwan.

Not long after, the designer led the models out on stage to thank the audience. But it seemed, the only person everyone could remember was Cha Jooeun. All the models that had their doubts about Jooeun backstage no longer had anything to say. It no longer mattered that Jooeun had landed from nowhere – even if she was to directly walk onto the international stage – no one would doubt her ability.

At this moment, however, in the spot where Jeonghwan sat, there’s no longer any trace of him – like his presence had all been an illusion. In actual fact, Jeonghwan had already returned to his car and the show director was standing beside his window full of respect as he leaned over to speak to him.

“My appearance tonight, don’t tell anyone about it.”

“Of course, you can be rest assured, President Lee.” The show director replied as he repeatedly nodded his head and bowed. Who was he kidding? As if a mere show director like himself would go against GK. Even if he had ten times the amount of guts he still would not be brave enough.

“Also, in the backstage, who else caused trouble for Cha Jooeun?” Jeonghwan asked straight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter