Chapter 171: Minjung’s Being Blackmailed

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie…”

“My grandfather is calling me. Jooeun, I will go take care of him.” Minjung no longer dared to act cool in front of Jooeun. She knew how observant she was.

Jooeun tightened her grip on her phone and nodded as she replied, “Have a good rest.”

Minjung hung up as she collapsed on the floor in exhaustion. It seemed dealing with Yeji didn’t even take this much energy.

Minjung had considered telling Jooeun everything straight away. But apart from dragging her into this mess, she couldn’t think what benefit could come from it. Jooeun had already suffered too much. If she was to tell her about this incident, then Jooeun and Yeji definitely wouldn’t let the matter go. She would think of a way to save her grandfather. But Yeji shouldn’t dream of hurting Jooeun! Especially not via using her!

Jooeun dropped her arms to her sides as she stood in deep thought beside the window. She didn’t know if she was thinking too much into it, but she felt Minjung’s mood was a little different than usual. Behind her, Jeonghwan approached with a jacket. After placing the jacket on her shoulder he pulled her into his embrace.

Jooeun leaned against his comforting chest as she looked up at Jeonghwan. “Hwan, can we get Taejoo to check on Minjung unnie? I feel like something’s wrong.”

In reality, Taejoo didn’t have a lot of free time. But Jeonghwan simply lowered his head and placed a kiss on Jooeun’s forehead. If his wife had a request, he would definitely satisfy it. So he immediately pulled out his phone and gave Taejoo a call, setting a special mission for someone that was already off the clock.

Taejoo didn’t dare to delay. Even though he had already finished work, he still drove directly over to Minjung’s home. Although barging into a woman’s home after dark wasn’t very proper, in order to reassure Jooeun, he walked up the stairs and rang the doorbell. Minjung didn’t expect a guest. She quickly wiped her tears and asked who was outside.

Taejoo gave his reason for coming. At this time, Minjung felt her heart warm up but she still did not open the door. “You can head back, I’m fine. I’ve already gone to sleep.”

Taejoo nodded and did not continue to intrude. But Jeonghwan was adamant that he had to see her, so he stood guard outside Minjung’s front door all night. It was not until the next morning when Minjung went to leave the house as usual that she discovered Taejoo standing outside. She was shocked.

“It’s cold outside, how come you haven’t returned home?”

Taejoo rubbed his hands together and smiled. “I slept in the car and only just came up.”

Seeing Taejoo’s nose had turned red from the cold, Minjung quickly let him into the house. “At least warm up a bit.”

He entered Minjung’s home, his voice was full of doubt. “Didn’t you say your grandfather was visiting? Where is he?”

She was dumbfounded for a moment before responding calmly. “At the hotel…”

“Are you facing some kind of difficulty?” Taejoo looked around. This was where Jooeun used to live. It was big enough to fit an entire family, how could Minjung have asked her grandfather to stay in a hotel? Plus her eyes we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter