Chapter 158: Cannot Afford to Offend

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyuk’s manager was still trying to persuade him into going to the shoot. At this moment in time, Joohyuk had finally finished his workout. Beads of sweat slid down his bronze-colored skin. Looking at his testosterone-fueled body paired with his tough and handsome looks, it was clear to see how he managed to get famous so quickly.

However, his personality, his manager didn’t know what else to say. Although he was also angered by Cha Jooeun, he didn’t feel it was necessary to delay one’s work for the sake of punishing another. However, this was the type of person Joohyuk was.

“Let’s go then, let’s go to the shoot.” Joohyuk acted like he was being extremely generous as he wiped off his sweat.

“Great, I’ll go get the car. You can get changed on the way.” his manager felt a sense of relief as he quickly went to retrieve his car from the parking lot. Joohyuk looked exhausted the entire way. Even when they reached the resort, he did not appear like he would recover his energy anytime soon. This made his manager a bit worried.

“Your fans are all awaiting the highlights from this shoot. Have a quick nap so you can show your most perfect self to the cameras.”

“In the whole of Korea, how many others are as handsome as I am?” Joohyuk scoffed before crossing his arms and closing his eyes for a rest. Presumably, he seemed to think his appearance was a gift sent from the heavens to save the film crew.

Not long after, their car turned into the resort. However, they were surprised to find the crew were already packing up. The manager thought it was because Joohyuk couldn’t make an appearance that the director had no choice but to postpone the shoot. So he looked around for Damiani’s representative. He ended up making a phone call to the representative, who at this time, had already reported back at the office. The representative told him Damiani would directly contact Joohyuk’s agency for a chat.

Joohyuk’s manager placed one hand on his hip and tried to explain over the phone. “Joohyuk was indeed unwell, yet he still came all the way here. Didn’t he make it here in the end?”

However, the man was no longer in the mood to talk to him, so he directly hung up the phone.

The manager helplessly grabbed onto a staff who was packing up. “Where is the representative from Damiani? Nam Joohyuk has arrived…”

The staff peeked at Joohyuk sitting inside the car and replied. “The commercial has already finished shooting.”

After hearing the staff’s reply, Joohyuk’s manager was surprised as he scrunched up his forehead. “What do you mean by this? The male lead hasn’t even arrived, how could the shoot be over?”

“The director replaced the male lead and the shoot went smoothly. So we are packing up half a day earlier than scheduled.” After speaking the staff left the resort with the props, leaving the manager standing there all alone. He wasn’t impressed.

Never would he have imagined – Damiani, the director, and Cha Jooeun – all had the guts to replace Nam Joohyuk. How dare them!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter