Chapter 85: The Awards Ceremony

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meanwhile, in the CEO’s office of GK Entertainment, Jeonghwan relaxed on his sofa as he the TV. It’s already 6 PM and celebrities are slowly making their way into the ceremony. He watched as the models tried to outshine each other, but his attention did not stop on any of them until Jooeun appeared at the head of the red carpet. She’s wearing a long red dress and her arm was elegantly hooked around a 40-something-year-old man’s arm; this man is the infamous sleazebag of the entertainment industry. Jeonghwan paused the frame temporarily. His narrow eyes carried a quiet, well-experienced aura that is sharp and fear-inducing. He called Taejoo over. “Help me find information on this man.”

“President, do we need to warn the madam?”

“No need, she knows what she is doing and I have faith in her. I am just afraid someone will attack her from behind.” Jeonghwan pressed the remote to resume broadcast. As he turned his head, he revealed the black diamond-like mole on his left ear.

Because he had spotted the brooch on Jooeun’s chest earlier and he knew she didn’t normally like wearing accessories, Jeonghwan had a feeling his wife came well prepared.

6:10 PM. Annual Model Awards Ceremony

Amongst the star-studded event, camera lights are flashing. Jooeun endured her body’s feelings of rejection and disgust as she hooked her arm on Mr. Jang’s and stepped out onto the red carpet.

This is the first time since her scandal that she had appeared in front of the public. She did not appear to be affected at all by the rumors. She is calm and composed as usual as she maintained a constant smile.

“How can she remain so calm when her arm is hooked on the arm of a well-known sleazebag?”

“Does she want to take advantage of this opportunity to advance in her career?”

The media are making their own assumptions.

“First, it was YG, then it was James Graham, wasn’t that enough for her?”

The hosts introduced Jooeun and the artist beside her in an exaggerated and excited tone before they headed over to the signing wall and accepted an interview with the media.

“Cha Jooeun-ssi, have you taken notice of the recent news?”

“In regards to assumptions made about you, would you like to defend yourself?”

“Your colleague, Park Shinhye, has announced this afternoon that she will be moving to JYP. What do you think of this?”

“An insider has revealed that you’ve got a big boss backing you up. What’s your opinion on this?”

The reporters’ questions are like bombs being endlessly thrown at Jooeun; she isn’t even given a chance to breathe. However, she did not show a trace of panic; she listened quietly before giving them a smile.

“I am a public figure. In front of the public, I need to be conscious of what I say; one never knows if the words that are coming out of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter