Chapter 153: Did Big Boss Commission This?

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“But we’ve signed a contract…” Joohyuk’s manager cautioned, furrowing his brows as he followed behind.

“Just let them know I’m not feeling well and tell the doctor to write me a letter. Don’t tell me you don’t even know how to do this?” Joohyuk gave an evil amused smile. Up to this point, his career had been smooth sailing. No one had ever dared to stand him up like this. Yet, an outdated model had actually dared to do such a thing.

“I understand.” the manager wrapped himself tighter with his coat and followed closely behind.

The reason Joohyuk could be so reckless was that his father was a huge investor for a film company. Even if he breached his contract and didn’t turn up to a shoot, he would simply have to pay a little compensation. To him, it was nothing. On the other hand, Jooeun was different. She was grateful for every opportunity because things did not come easily.

That night, Seoul’s night lights were dazzling. Kangjung arrived at Nine One Hannam. This was his first time entering Jooeun’s residence. Although he had long imagined how luxurious Jooeun and Jeonghwan’s love nest would be, after seeing the Spanish palace-style design, he still felt his heart skipped a beat in surprise.

A moment later, Jooeun walked down from the upper level dressed in home clothes. Looking at the cautious Kangjun, she questioned, “You’re here! Did Nam Joohyuk-ssi make things difficult for you?”

“I wouldn’t say it was difficult, but this guy did not react the way I expected. I have a feeling he won’t let us off so easily.” Kangjun speculated. “Now that Yeji seems to have the intention to suppress you, we will need to be extra careful.”

“You seem to be leaning towards my side?” Jooeun sat down on the sofa, her voice was sweet as she slightly smiled.

Kangjun froze for a moment. He didn’t realize his words had begun to reveal a bit of his answer. The answer that Jeonghwan wanted in Moscow.

“For now, I am on my heart’s side.” He replied in a serious tone. It was impossible for him to suddenly betray Yeji.

“It’s okay, I won’t force you.” Jooeun said as she brushed back her hair.

“After Damiani’s commercial, you will have a succession of magazine shoots. The month ahead will be fairly busy, I’m here to give you a heads up.”

Kangjun noticed Jeonghwan also heading downstairs towards the living room. Compared to when he was usually suited up, he looked a little different, but his facial features were perfect as usual. He looked a little less fierce and a little homier.

Hanging across his arm was a jacket. Seeing Jooeun wasn’t wearing much, he leaned over and placed the jacket on her before returning upstairs without interrupting their conversation.

Kangjun was curious about Jeonghwan’s sudden gesture until he looked down and noticed an outbound message on Jooeun’s phone screen. It simply said, “Hwan, I’m cold.”

“I can’t stand your displays of affectio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter