Chapter 39: Getting Even

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After returning to the manor, Hyewon and Minjung ran out and greeted Jooeun as they excitedly held onto her arm. Jooeun simply laughed. She isn't going to disappoint their expectations, especially not the man that thoughtfully helped her so much.

Minjung noticed Jooeun's gaze is focused on the man sitting on the sofa flipping through documents. She smiled cheekily as she pushed Jooeun towards him. "We won't be light bulbs anymore, hurry over and keep him company!"

After speaking, Minjung and Hyewon return to their own respective rooms. However, not long after, Minjung ran back out holding her phone towards Jooeun helplessly. "Yonghwa is calling, do you want to pick up?"

Jooeun took a quick glance at Jeonghwan before she nodded, grabbing the phone from Minjung's hands.

"Jooeun, since the magazine has decided not to use you, you should return home first. There's no point for you to stay in the US. Don't blame my sister for being ruthless, she did it for the sake of CN. The magazine isn't happy with you, so you don't have the right to blame anyone." Yonghwa said, speaking like everything he and his sister did was right.

"After using me, you kicked me aside. Now you want me to gladly accept all this?" Jooeun's tone is calm but contains a slight sense of ridicule.

"Why won't you give up? Why must you go against Shinhye? Why can't you just let us off?" Yonghwa asked impatiently. Jooeun felt like a piece of heavy and annoying baggage that he's desperate to get rid of, but she just kept following him around.

"There is no reason for me to let despicable people off!" Jooeun's tone is firm. "I know how the industry is like. Today Shinhye has a backup, so she is capable of stepping all over me and is using me to benefit herself. But that doesn't mean she will still be this fortunate tomorrow."

"You already have no chance, just let it go! The fact that I love Shinhye, is not her fault. My sister is right, you indeed do not have any tolerance."

Jooeun suddenly clenched her left fist. Sensing the change in her emotions, Jeonghwan reached out his comforting palm and pulled her into his warm embrace.

Yonghwa is indeed a heartless person. Otherwise, he wouldn't be able to treat Jooeun this way. He took her love and destroyed her career, now he wanted her to support his new relationship – he was practically draining her of everything she had.

"Your selfishness will only push Shinhye further into hell." After speaking, Jooeun hung up the phone and tried her best to calm herself down.

Jeonghwan put down his documents, held onto her hands, and gently swayed her body.

"I'm fine. It's normal to be annoyed once in a while, it helps me train a stronger heart."

"Did you see your mentor?" Jeonghwan did not ask any further as he changed the topic.

"Uh-huh, it went smoothly." Jooeun naturally sat beside Jeonghwan as she leaned against hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter