Chapter 140: It Wasn’t My Daughter, It Was Cha Jooeun!

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cha Jooeun?!

Hearing this name, Hyomin felt like someone had switched on a light bulb in her head. She apologetically turned to everyone. “I hope you can keep it a secret.”

“Don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone. Are you sure you don’t need to go to the hospital?”

Under such circumstances, how could word not spread?

“No need.” Hyomin stood up with the assistance of onlookers. After rubbing her head and making sure she was okay, she left Octagon Club.

As she returned to her car, she tried to remember how Jennie looked when she saw her. She was wearing a hat, so no one recognized her. And as a 16-year-old, it was illegal for her to enter a bar, so she must have used a fake ID.

Since Jennie was taking drugs, her future did not look promising. But being able to take advantage of the situation to implicate Jooeun, made all her pain and suffering worth it.

The name Mini-Jooeun finally came in use!

Apart from this, Hyomin also wanted to mess up the deal between Cha Jooeun and Harper’s. So she stopped her car on the side of the road and gave Editor Choi a phone call, telling her she had a huge scandal to expose and requested to meet in person.

Editor Choi already knew about everything that had happened at Sublime earlier in the day. Although she didn’t want to care about Hyomin – since the latter said it had something to do with Harper’s – she ended up giving her the address after a moment of consideration.

Time went by quickly and it was already late into the night. The search terms ‘Cha Jooeun’, ‘drugs’ and ‘fight’ slowly made their way up the search rankings. Hyomin arrived at Editor Choi’s home holding her phone excitedly. She sat on the sofa and handed her phone over to the Editor. “Cha Jooeun is tainted, you can’t use her for your cover.”

Editor Choi held her head with her left hand and held the phone with her right. Afterward, she threw the phone back at Hyomin. “I’m sure you are clear whether this is really Cha Jooeun. Hyomin, as a friend, I’ll give you a friendly warning: Cha Jooeun has someone backing her. Even if you flip the sky upside down, you won’t be able to lay a finger on her.”

“Who is it?” Hyomin was stunned. She didn’t expect to hear something like this from Editor Choi.

“I won’t tell you, but don’t impulsively challenge her bottom line. Otherwise, you may not be able to stay in Seoul for long.”

“This is impossible. If Cha Jooeun had someone backing her, she wouldn’t torture herself by climbing up one step at a time like this.”

“So you’re aware that she’s suffering, then can you use less vile methods and do some good deeds instead to accumulate some merit for yourself?” Editor Choi sneered. “Hyomin, I know you’ve been kicked out by Sublime, but I have something I want to say to you. A pitiful person must have a reason for why they’ve sunk so low. Try and throw another attack at Cha Jooeun and see how she will make your life a living hell.”

Hyomin looked at Editor Choi with an icy cold glare and finally understood what people meant when they said ‘hitting a man when they’re down’. The entertainment industry had always been this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter