CHAPTER 8: Pictures and a Video

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Regardless of everything else, the facts that Jooeun stepped out and admitted to creating the mess, wiped CN’s reputation completely clean. Discussions with Stonehenge were successful as they accepted Yonghwa’s apology and the position of spokesperson was handed over to Shinhye, as originally intended, since she was also a victim. After this incident, her popularity was expected to skyrocket.

CN Entertainment and Shinhye recovered from the incident completely unscathed, but Jooeun was completely destroyed. In an instant, ‘Queen of Hype’, ‘Scheming Model’, ‘Green Tea Jooeun’ and other similar terms started appearing on search rankings and all the search results led to discussions filled with offensive language.

Jooeun sat in her room watching the news. She tried her best to remain calm because she knew; all that she was enduring now would soon be its head. Yonghwa and Shinhye were going to suffer ten times more than what she was experiencing now! However, at present, in the eyes of the public, her image had completely crumbled. Even the cleaner couldn’t help giving her attitude.

“Miss Cha, could you please move your precious legs? Can’t you see I’m trying to clean here? It’s not like you have a show to attend, yet you still come in every day. My back hurts from having to clean up after you.”

Jooeun’s expression turned cold. Even though she had fallen to a low point in her career, it didn’t mean she was going to allow just anyone to bully her. She picked up her phone and rang Yonghwa making sure to put the call on loudspeaker so the cleaner could hear their conversation, “Yonghwa, Is my position in this company so low that I deserve to be spoken down to, even by the cleaner?”

“Get her name and tell HR to dismiss her.” Yonghwa replied without hesitation. Jooeun hung up the phone and looked up at the cleaner with a cold gaze.

“Just because I’m easy-going, doesn’t mean you can talk to me casually. Just because I’m not a model, doesn’t mean I’m no longer a member of the Cha Family. If I wanted to, I could make a simple cleaner like you unemployed forever, without lifting a finger.” The cleaner’s face turned pale as she broke out in a cold sweat. She never knew Jooeun could be so intimidating. She quickly bowed apologetically.

“Sorry Miss Cha, I won’t ever do it again.”

“Even if you are above others, you should treat others equally. Not to mention the fact that you are below others.” Jooeun didn’t want to make things difficult for the staff, but she had to teach them a lesson. After speaking, she stood up. She received an SMS from Yonghwa to go to his office.

“Jooeun, your image right now has fallen to the depths of the abyss so I have arranged for you to take part in some activities. Hopefully, you can redeem yourself in front of the public. Isn’t Shinhye hurt? Why don’t you go pay her a visit and take care of her to show you’re sorry, maybe you can get some sympathy votes.” Jooeun examined Yonghwa’s face and questioned why she had never noticed how disgraceful he looked. Shinhye was obviously using this opportunity to humiliate her. Yet, Yonghwa had actually suggested Jooeun go take care of her.

“You just need to put on a show in front the cameras for a few minutes as the footage gets broadcasted l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter