Chapter 109: Standing in Too Many People's Way

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The guests of the charity event are categorized into industries and all the entertainment industry guests are to be seated in the second row. Jeonghwan's seat is the first one on the left. Next to him sat a pianist, followed by Cha Jooeun. Out of all the seats around him, Jooeun is the closest female. She looked past the pianist at Jeonghwan's seat, he had not arrived yet. She glanced to the right of her, it is Seo Yeji's seat.

From the moment Bohyun and Yeji entered the venue, they had no idea Jooeun would end up sitting next to Yeji. Bohyun's first reaction is to suggest Yeji swap seats with him so he could block off Cha Jooeun. But if they were to really swap seats, Yeji would end up sitting next to CEO Park and he had previously told her that Cha Jooeun is joining JYP. If it came up in conversation between Yeji and CEO Park, then she would find out he had intentionally prevented Cha Jooeun from joining Sublime. But that's the less of two evils, so he still ended up swapping seats with Yeji. Normally, he should not have felt guilty after what he had done, it was already in the past. But this is Cha Jooeun.

Bohyun sneaked a glance at Cha Jooeun. This is the first time he's so close to her, but he could already feel that she's harder to predict than Yeji. Her expression didn't reveal anything and her actions are impossible to see through. She must have suffered too much in this industry, that's why she is so cautious. She's exceptionally quiet like she stood aloof from the world. However, Bohyun knew, the first rule for someone with a high EQ is to have control over their emotions. Cha Jooeun undoubtedly had this down pat.

Not long after, there came a commotion of chatter and screams. Lee Jeonghwan had just entered and he naturally drew the attention of all the women in the hall. He's indifferent to the people around him as he walked straight to his seat. It isn't until he passed by Jooeun that he slowed down and brushed the back of his hand against hers. Jooeun allowed him without a sound as she avoided eye contact. There's no doubt her heart began to race. But immediately she laughed at how silly she is inside. This is obviously her husband; all he did is make a little bit of physical contact with her, yet she felt like she had won a big prize. She felt like she's floating in the clouds. After all, there were so many eyes on him...

Afterward, Jeonghwan sat down at his seat. Yeji turned her head to glance at Jeonghwan but is unexpectedly discovered by him. In order to cover up her panic, she immediately patted Jooeun on the arm and pretended to greet her. Bohyun, who is sitting between the two women, fell into a panic upon seeing Yeji's actions. One definitely should not lie or else they would be tormented by their guilty conscience.

Jooeun turned to look at Yeji as a smile appeared across her face. "President Seo, how are you?"

"Last time at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter