Chapter 173: Cha Jooeun Arrives

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During helpless moments, one always wishes to possess the strongest power, because this world has always been especially unfair to the weak.

Everyone knew that Minjung was Jooeun’s assistant, yet here she was at Dongdaemun Design Plaza carrying multiple bags of gear, trying to get her balance as she followed behind Ahn Hani. She was obedient towards Hani as she ordered her around.

“Hasn’t Jooeun ever taught you the rules? Now that you are Hani’s assistant, if you don’t greet everyone as you pass them, people will think Hani has a bad work ethic.” Hani’s manager poked Minjung’s head as he complained. “I don’t know if Jooeun has any manners, but you are following Hani today. So you need to show some respect.”

Minjung endured the humiliation, the scolding, and the looks of ridicule around her as she lowered her head. “Sorry, I will take note from now on.”

“Hani needs to have her makeup done. Don’t wander around aimlessly like a newcomer, go fetch her shoes from the car!”

Minjung held back her anger as her hands clenched into fists. Because of her anger, her face began to turn red and her eyes were watery.

Hani’s manager looked at the expression on Minjung’s face and unfolded his arms as he walked over to Hani arrogantly. “Jooeun’s people are different when you order them around. They are like dogs!”

“Have you placed what I told you to place in the shoes?” Hani sat in front of the mirror allowing the makeup artist to do whatever she needed.

“Don’t worry. How could I screw up such an entertaining show?” her manager studied Hani’s face in the mirror and noticed a secretive smile sweep across her face.

The backstage of fashion shows had always been chaotic and uncomfortable. Even for an international model like Hani working for an international top-grade brand, things were no different. She even shared the same waiting room as newcomer models.

Not long after, Minjung approached Hani with her shoes.

Hani’s manager glanced at her quickly and scoffed. “Why are you still standing around blankly? Kneel down and help her put on her shoes.”

Helping an artist put on shoes wasn’t anything out of the ordinary, but she was Jooeun’s assistant. Yet she had to submissively kneel down in front of Ahn Hani and help an enemy put on their shoes.

Minjung endured the burn in as she held onto one of the shoes and knelt on the ground. With one hand she lifted the high-heeled shoe and with the other, she lifted Hani’s right foot. However, as her foot entered halfway, Hani suddenly let out a high-pitched squeal and kicked Minjung in the chest. There was a pushpin inside the shoe!

A loud “pak” sound followed as Hani’s manager landed a slap across Minjung’s face. He then pointed at her and yelled ferociously. “You sure are brave! How dare you place a pushpin inside Hani’s shoe? Are you trying to stop her from going on the show? Cha Jooeun told you to do this, di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter