Chapter 114: See You on the Runway

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Royalty’s show is scheduled for 8 PM, but Jooeun arrived backstage at 5 PM. Although the show was not an international one, Royalty is almost on the same level as some of the top companies in Korea. Originally, Jooeun did not expect Seo Yeji to give her such a great present. But after careful thought, she understood, Seo Yeji is after all a business person. Everything she did was from a profit viewpoint.

Tonight there are to be 15 models attending the show. Jooeun is the oldest amongst them. 29-years-old; amongst the average person, it’s still the prime of one’s youth. But in the modeling industry, it’s different. In a few years, she wouldn’t have the chance to attend even an event like this.

Royalty is being held in high esteem, so the models invited for the show all had a great backing. According to Jooeun’s current status, although she wasn’t low, amongst the 15 models, she did not stand out at all. So the fact that she is the opening act, made the show director extremely suspicious. It seemed, every time Jooeun worked with someone, she would be met with distrust. Especially since amongst the models tonight, there were models that had won awards.

“Jooeun-ssi, if you have stage fright or feel unwell, let me know immediately. I will arrange for someone to replace you straight away.” The show director said to Jooeun as she applied her makeup. If it wasn’t because he had a good relationship with Seo Yeji, he wouldn’t even consider Jooeun. Although she was quite popular recently, there were plenty of models that were better than her.

“Eh? Show director, Cha Jooeun’s already been in the industry for 8-9 years. She definitely will not have stage fright, you can rest assured.” Minjung reminded the man as she smiled.

“I’m afraid you’re not confident!”

Hearing his words, Jooeun lifted her head. This action is undoubtedly full of confidence. The show director stopped talking and waited to see Jooeun’s performance. This cold woman is already at this age, how can Seo Yeji be interested in her?

The other models looked at Jooeun like they were waiting to watch a joke unfold. Some even whispered amongst themselves. “It wasn’t easy for us to go through auditions to get here. Who would have thought, someone with a strong backing would be different, directly landing the show’s opening. I heard even the A-Grade model Suzy Bae, got here via auditions. Who does she think she is?”

“If you think it was unfair then use your background to fight with hers.”

“She’s already so old. She should be at home raising kids, why is she here doing shows? Isn’t she afraid of straining her back?”

Hearing the discussions get louder and louder, Minjung turned around and glared at them. However, she was merely an assistant.

Jooeun tugged at her arm, reminding her to control her emotions. “Don’t stoop yourself to their level or else you’ll be just like them. After all, what they are saying is true. Even if you refute against them, it’s just words, they won’t a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter