Chapter 243: Why Must You Torture Me Like This?

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After watching the news, Jeonghwan reached out his hand to turn off the TV. He was not satisfied with the way Irene Kim handled the matter. She simply announced her retreat and had no intention whatsoever to apologize to Jooeun.

Jooeun saw through to her husband’s anger. Seeing he was about to call Taejoo, she reached out her hand and stopped him. “That’s enough. For a proud person like Irene Kim, destroying her career is already worse than killing her. Moreover, what’s the point of forcing her to apologize? Don’t waste your energy on people like that. Hwan, you need some rest.”

Jeonghwan turned his head and looked at Jooeun and noticed her patting the spot beside her. He couldn’t possibly refuse. So he strolled over, sat down, and wrapped her in his embrace. “My heart aches for you…”

Jooeun took the opportunity to massage Jeonghwan’s shoulder and noticed his muscles were tense. “Look, you’ve been working too hard. Even your body is trying to remind you to get some rest.”

Jeonghwan did not say another word. As he hugged Jooeun, he slowly lowered his body, pressed his lips against her forehead, and closed his eyes.

“I already possess the most powerful manager. So people like Irene Kim don’t exist in my eyes. Stop wasting your precious time on people like that.”

“Okay!” Jeonghwan nodded with his eyes closed.

During Jooeun’s period of recovery, Minjung treated it as a long holiday. With Jeonghwan taking care of Jooeun’s every need, there was nothing left for Minjung to worry about.

To overcome the boredom, Minjung headed over to GK. She wanted to find Taejoo to help her pass time. However, just as she reached the doorway of Taejoo’s office, she could just make out the sound of his voice yelling at a subordinate.

Minjung leaned against the door frame without entering. Finally, Taejoo’s secretary ran out crying. Minjung shook her head, pushed open the door. “That’s not the right way to train people. You should be gentle towards girls, how could you make her cry?”

Taejoo closed the document in front of him; he was obviously still angry. This was the first time Minjung witnessed Taejoo’s anger. As she watched him trying to contain his anger and his ears burning red, she couldn’t help but find him adorable!

“Tell noona how many people you’ve made cry. Have there been at least 10?”

Taejoo lifted his head and looked at her. It looked like he was containing a smile. As he looked at her, he could feel his heart flutter. “You, why are you looking at me like that? At least I’ve never made you cry before.”

After hearing this, Minjung stood stunned for a moment before she realized she had almost misinterpreted his words as her heart raced. Because with his EQ, there was no way his words would contain a deeper meaning. It seemed, he was simply trying to say she wasn’t like a woman.

Minjung let out a gentle laugh. She felt a bit silly as she mumbled, “I almost believed it.”

“What was that?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter