Chapter 52: No Mentions

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey guys, have you bought a copy of the latest issue of Vanity Fair?”

“Are you referring to the Oriental Trend issue? I’ve bought it already. Originally I was going to buy Royal Magazine, but I was attracted by the front cover of Vanity Fair.”

“Are you guys, crazy? Vanity Fair hasn’t done anything good for years. They don’t understand fashion at all.”

“Quick, quick! Go buy it! Vanity Fair really lives up to its expectations this time. You will regret it if you don’t buy it!”

That’s right! After all their hard work, Vanity Fair finally released their newest issue named Oriental Trend. Originally, Vanity Fair had already lost its status amongst magazines and their sales weren’t something to brag about. However, after the release of the Oriental Trend issue, the melancholy black and white cover actually stood out amongst the other colorful magazines. Everyone passing by the newsstands couldn’t help but stop for a moment to take a look. In just three days, all the major news agencies contacted Vanity Fair, requesting a reprint. They wanted to increase the circulation of the magazine because it deserves a spot on their stands. Many companies that didn’t expect much from Vanity Fair are now regretting their decision to not work with them. At the same time, the woman on the super popular front cover climbed up search rankings. On one of the biggest search engines in the US, her name is almost at the top. Meanwhile, some of the most searched phrases included ‘Vanity Fair Oriental Trend’, ‘Vanity Fair Oriental woman’ and ‘Oriental beauty Cha Jooeun’.

The huge sales from the Oriental Trend issue, unexpectedly helped Vanity Fair make an impressive revival; people in the industry critiqued it and once again acknowledged it. In three days, the sales of the issue broke the records of many big publications. Like that, they became the new favorite amongst the fashion industry, as the fresh winds of the Oriental Trend swept across the casual and free Western countries. Vanity Fair had finally succeeded and the model on the front cover definitely deserved praise. Shinhye couldn’t wait to show her results to the judges of the Top Ten Model Awards.

However that night, Ryeowon stared at the search engines for a long time. But no matter how hard she search, she couldn’t find any mentions of Park Shinhye. No model had ever appeared on a front cover and received no mentions. What conniving scheme did Jooeun pull off this time?

Ryeowon didn’t mention this issue to Shinhye because, apart from Shinhye being busy planning her engagement party with Yonghwa, Ryeowon also wanted to investigate it further. Next to her hand lay the magazine featuring Jooeun and Shinhye. She couldn’t deny, Jooeun’s skills are way beyond her expectations. She had definitely underestimated her.

Two days later, Vanity Fair held a dinner to celebrate their revival. Shinhye and Jooeun are both guests of honor. This would be the first time they will face the media together since the interview before the photoshoot. That night, Shinhye is wearing a long black dress that dragged across the floor; her chest is dotted with sparkling diamonds. She attended the dinner accompanied by Yonghwa and Ryeowon. Upon arriving at the entrance, they ran into Jooeun. Compared to the magazine’s front cover,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter