Chapter 74: My Heart Will Hurt

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What Ryeowon said is indeed the truth. During the entire time that she tried to frame Jooeun, the person that benefited the most was Jooeun, followed by GK Entertainment. After being mentioned by GK, Jooeun’s fame increased dramatically while she gained more fans. At the same time, GK reconfirmed their status in the industry; killing THREE birds with one stone.

Night hit. Jooeun returned home to find Taejoo pacing back and forth outside the front door. She turned to him questioningly. “Taejoo Oppa, why aren’t you going inside?”

“Madam, you’re back.” Upon seeing Jooeun, Taejoo seemed to have seen his savior as his eyes lit up.

“What’s wrong?”

“The president’s mood isn’t too good today.”

“Why?” Jooeun looked at Taejoo and understood he was afraid of getting in trouble with Jeonghwan, so she assured him. “Don’t worry Oppa, speak. I will handle this matter carefully.”

“It’s because of GK’s statement. The higher-ups felt it wasn’t necessary to mention your name and boost your exposure; there’s a disagreement.” Taejoo explained. “Of course, they aren’t brave enough to stop the president but. . .”

Jooeun’s heart sunk. She understood what Taejoo was trying to say. “It’s ok, I will comfort him.”

Even a small company like CN had its power struggles, so of course, GK is no different. Obviously, Jeonghwan’s authority is being questioned and she is the one that ignited it.

After Taejoo left, Jooeun calmed down and entered the villa. Upon seeing Jeonghwan standing by the study room window drinking wine, she gently approached him and reached out her arms to hug him from behind. “President Lee, you appear to be upset.”

“Did Taejoo said something?” Jeonghwan guessed. “It’s not a big deal; nothing to be upset about.”

“To you, I am your wife, so it’s normal for you to be biased towards me. But to the staff at GK, I am not related to you at all, so it’s expected that they would have their opinions.” Jooeun said gently.

“That’s not the main issue.” Jeonghwan turned around and put down his wine glass as he wrapped Jooeun in his embrace.

“Is it because someone wants to challenge your power?” Just the thought of this made Jooeun hug Jeonghwan tighter. “You’re well aware that there are so many people eyeing your position, how could you help me in such a high-profile way. Jeonghwan, I won’t allow you to do this again. This time, it has made you unhappy, but what about next time? This incident with Jung Ryeowon, I know you had it all figured. You had been waiting for this opportunity for a long time and the photo at the Bright Night Gala was it. But it isn’t necessary for you to prove my innocence in your statement; don’t do it again.”

“Are you complaining that I am meddling in your business?” Jeonghwan’s expression is slightly disappointed.

Jooeun froze for a moment before grabbing hold of Jeonghwan’s hand and pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter