Chapter 250: If GK Can Support Her, Can’t They Also Step on Her?

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This time, Jooeun and her opponent was evenly matched in terms of professionalism. They each had their strengths. But when it came to achievements, Jooeun definitely fell behind.

Sungkyung had the numbers to beat Jooeun and also went through a legendary period in her career. These two points greatly highlighted Jooeun’s disadvantages.

So for Jooeun, Sungkyung was her greatest opponent on the domestic runway. Unfortunately, it didn’t seem like she would ever catch up. In fact, Sungkyung probably didn’t even consider Jooeun as a worthy opponent!

Minjung monitored the silly poll online and ran to Jooeun’s side excitedly. “Have you seen this poll? It asks people to choose between curvy body and long legs.”

Jooeun was reading a book. She glanced at the laptop briefly and noticed she had received double the amount of votes in comparison to Lee Sungkyung. She then turned back to the book. “Lee Sungkyung exceeds me in so many aspects. The votes seem untrustworthy. If the votes were cast by experts, I would definitely get zero.”

“Why would you say that?” Minjung put away her laptop cheerfully. The fans were already in favor of Jooeun, yet she was lowering her own prestige.

“It isn’t necessary to put down others just because they are an opponent – I am merely speaking the truth. This is no different to a good-looking actor receiving an acting award just because they are popular, do you think they would acknowledge themselves?” Jooeun closed up the book in her lap and spoke in a serious tone. “There’s no need to belittle ourselves, but we also need to see the truth. Lee Sungkyung’s future isn’t limited to what she has now. Whereas I…”

“What about you?”

“We have different goals. Help me tell my fans to maintain a low profile. I once pushed Park Shinhye to her destruction, do you want me to have the same fate?”

The entertainment industry was a revolving game of high stepping on low. Today, one may step on another, but tomorrow, they may turn into the one being stepped on. The industry was never lacking in talent and distinctive skills. No matter how good one was, there was always someone better – no one ever remained number one forever.

“Is it necessary to make yourself sound so unpraiseworthy?”

“Don’t tell me you’ve never taken notice of Lee Sungkyung?” Jooeun reopened her book and returned her focus to it.

Of course, with Jooeun’s prompt, Minjung quickly knelt beside the sofa and opened her laptop. She frantically tried to understand what type of person Lee Sungkyung was. Eventually, she understood what Jooeun meant.

Jooeun had always insisted on keeping a low profile. Her calmness was her key to victory. It seemed, at all times, she was aware of her position and could quickly assess her enemies.

“Something’s wrong Jooeun. Just a moment ago, there were less than 10,000 votes, how did it suddenly jump to 100,000? On top of that, all the comments are in favor of you.” Minjung quickly showed Jooeun the poll once again. “Don’t tell me you were right, I suddenly sense a conspiracy.”

Jooeun lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter