Chapter 121: My Husband

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you, Mr. Yves, for your understanding. Because of my mistake, Miss Jennie Kim has been hurt, I feel a bit guilty about this."

After hearing Jooeun's response, Yves smiled. "If that's the case, why don't you pick out a present for her? While someone is trying to take advantage of the situation to boost themselves, I'm sure your tolerant nature will help relieve the awkwardness."

Normally, the fact that Jooeun didn't attend the event, was her own personal matter. But Jennie Kim's agency amplified the matter to shamelessly create hype. Just because the angry fans couldn't see what was really happening, it didn't mean Mr. Yves hadn't already seen through it all. After all, he trusted his own judgment.

Cha Jooeun, a person that knew how to cater to other's interests, was definitely someone who understood how the world worked. On top of that, although he made Jooeun wait for 2 hours, she did not get angry. This was proof that she wasn't the type of person to abandon work over a simple nickname. So with the perfume that Cha Jooeun had gifted him, Yves's favoritism was naturally directed towards her.

"How about this? Since you gave me such a special perfume, I will also give you a gift. Recently, Diptyque has released a new aromatherapy fragrance called 'Charm'. There are only 10 bottles in the entire world. I'll ask my assistant to wrap it up nicely and send it to YG on your behalf."

"Mr. Yves, that is too expensive." Jooeun did not feel she deserved it.

"In regards to this matter, we at Diptyque were also wrong. If the staff were detailed enough to contact your manager before the start of the event, then this would not have happened. Truthfully, it is unfair for you to take on all the responsibility. Treat this as a token of my goodwill. Since we are friends, you shouldn't be so polite."

"Thank you, Mr. Yves."

Yves' looked at Jooeun, at the woman that had remained calm the entire time. He had a slight admiration towards her. He had witnessed too many chaotic scenes in the past, so Jooeun's calmness was a precious commodity. To be in the presence of a smart person was an extremely enjoyable experience. From the moment she mentioned Jennie had been hurt, Yves played along and suggested giving her a gift.

It's not that Jooeun hadn't already considered doing this. But she couldn't present the gift to them personally, in case YG had a trap waiting for her. So Yves made the suggestion to send a gift on Cha Jooeun's behalf. Since the present didn't come from Jooeun's hands, if YG were to play any tricks, they would fall into Jooeun's trap instead.

Of course, Yves wasn't going to help her without getting anything in return. As the perfume Jooeun had given him was no ordinary perfume and Yves' had been long searching for a formula to release to the Western markets, he finally realized who he wanted to collaborate with – The Cha Family!

After chatting for a while, Yves's assistant appeared, asking for instructions on what t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter