Chapter 141: The Biggest Counterattack

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seeing the clip of Jennie’s mother crying on screen, even Yeji couldn’t hold back her laughter as she sat in the office watching. It seemed Jennie used her own face as a shield, throwing the blame onto Jooeun.

However, in order to settle the rumors, Yeji immediately instructed her staff to release an official statement stating that it couldn’t have possibly been Jooeun and to have faith in her, she also reported the incident straight to the police.

As soon as the statement was released, Jennie’s mother started threatening everyone with suicide, exclaiming that underhanded people in the entertainment industry were trying to destroy her daughter. She also claimed that the netizens were ruining a child’s future.

As Jooeun was currently on a break, after talking to Yejii on the phone, the latter assured her she wouldn’t need to do anything personally. So Jooeun lay casually on Jeonghwan’s lap, dressed in comfortable home clothes as she listened to the entertainment news being broadcast on the TV.

Jeonghwan instructed Taejoo to retrieve all his documents, bring them home and tell everyone at work he’s too sick to go to the office. However, Jooeun knew it was because there was too much going on at the moment and he didn’t want to leave her all alone.

“Hwan, this afternoon, I want to drop by the police station.” Jooeun said as she lay on Jeonghwan’s lap.

“Uh-huh.” Jeonghwan nodded without asking her why. He understood, in relation to the drugs incident, even if the majority of netizens believed her, she still needed to present some evidence of her innocence. If she missed her chance to prove herself, who could guarantee whether this rumor would be used against her later on. For Jennie to be completely over, there was still a little more to be done, but Jeonghwan didn’t tell Jooeun.

Right now online, the majority of comments were not from ‘mother fans' that supported Jennie, but from kids her age that felt, as a person in the limelight, she wasn’t setting a good example and was a complete embarrassment! They even sent a letter to the National Youth Organization with various complaints and suggestions. The result from this was, in the future if Jennie got blacklisted, it wouldn’t only be from the entertainment industry, but possibly the entire country. So the commotion caused by Jennie’s mother didn’t actually help her daughter. Instead, it made things worse.

However, Jennie’s mother did not give up. After a suicide attempt, she agreed to accept an interview at the hospital. “As her mother, I feel guilty that I haven’t been able to protect her and have allowed her to be hurt this way. I am too ashamed to continue living. As for the demon that won’t even let a 16-year-old girl go, let’s see who God will show mercy to in the end!”

The reporters filled the room like sardines and all pointed their microphones at Jennie’s mother. “Ma’am, the demon you speak of, are you suggesting Cha Jooeun?”

“Who else?” Jennie’s mother glared at the cameras and sneered.

“Did you think Cha Jooeun took drugs and tried to fram

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter