Chapter 54: Karma

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amongst the darkness, Shinhye and the others couldn’t see Jeonghwan at all. All they could do is stand around with faces full of resentment as they used all types of insults to complain about Jooeun. From his hidden position, Jeonghwan watched their helpless expressions as the corners of his mouth slightly curved up.

How dare they insult his wife! If he hadn’t heard, it wouldn’t have mattered but since he heard it, then luck must not be on their side.

In the dark, Jeonghwan picked up his phone and made a call to Taejoo. “Help me find out which agency Jung Ryeowon works for.”

“Yes, president!” Taejoo answered swiftly.

Before leaving the US, he definitely needed to leave something behind for Ryeowon. After all, she had done so much to Jooeun, including tricking her into coming all the way here to be Shinhye’s stepping stone. He thought about it. What he is about to do is after Jooeun had already won her battle against them, so it wouldn’t be considered as interfering in her business, right?

Amongst the bright and colorful celebration dinner, Jooeun maintain her smile as she mixed with the guests and reporters. As she didn’t want Jeonghwan to wait too long, she said she isn’t feeling well as an excuse and left the dinner midway, taking Hyewon and Minjung with her.

After walking out of the main entrance of the hotel, Jooeun successfully spotted Jeonghwan amidst the darkness. This man, who is the center of attention, always seemed to disregard his own identity and wait for her amongst various hidden corners. Hyewon and Minjung didn’t want to be lightbulbs so they took their own taxi back to the manor, leaving Jooeun on her own to board Jeonghwan’s car.

Jeonghwan watched as Jooeun approached. Seeing her shoulders were still exposed, he quickly removed his suit jacket and placed it on her. “Didn’t you think of asking Minjung to prepare a jacket for you when you left the manor this morning?”

“If I had asked Minjung unnie to prepare one, would I still have had the chance to wear this jacket that contains your warmth?” Jooeun smiled before continuing. “President Lee’s jacket can’t simply be worn by anyone.”

Jeonghwan was completely defeated by her as he caringly held onto her icy cold hands and helped her into the car. “Let’s go home.”

Upon returning to the manor, the whole place had been transformed. The bedroom was covered with fresh flowers and fragrant candles were lit throughout the entire house. Jeonghwan hugged Jooeun from behind as he placed a kiss on her back. “This is to celebrate you returning with glory.”

“These past few days, you haven’t had a proper night’s rest. Since we finally had a day off…” – Jooeun’s voice sounded a little choked up – “…why didn’t you get some rest? We will be flying home tomorrow. After that, you will be busy again.”

“If you feel guilty, then why don’t you give me a massage later?”

Jooeun looked around as she enjoyed the fragrance. She grabbed onto Jeonghwan’s arm and pushed him onto the bed. Then with the essential oils she got from Minjung, she poured some into her hand and gently pressed against Jeonghwan’s back. Jeonghwan’s body had always been worth mentioning, as it had always been built and firm, however, because of the demanding work he had been doing over the past few days, his muscles had become extra tense. Jooeun is a bit upset. Ever since marrying Jeonghwan, it seemed she hadn’t spent mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter