Chapter 165: Highlights

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeji looked at Jooeun with an extreme sense of ridicule as she crossed her legs to the other side casually. In the silence, she seemed to be hinting. Did you think a mere model like yourself could make me feel regret? I really don't know where your confidence comes from.

Hani had a similar look of mockery on her face while Suhyun gave Jooeun a slightly anxious look. Seeing Jooeun facing off with Yeji, Suhyun felt herself sweating on behalf of her. It seemed she was worried that Jooeun wouldn't be able to survive in Sublime. Or worse, the entertainment industry.

"I guess I'll have to wait and see how you will make me regret. Originally, I was planning to give a few of the jobs from Hani and Suhyun back to you, but it seems I don't have to anymore."

Jooeun smiled slightly. She didn't seem to be affected the way Yeji expected. In fact, she was exceptionally calm. "If there's nothing else President Seo, then I'll be heading home."

"If you want, you can stay and listen as I brief these girls on the jobs they will be taking from you. I don't mind." Yeji looked away and spoke coldly.

Jooeun did not allow these harsh words to make her uncomfortable. She simply gave Yeji a meaningful glance as she turned to leave. At least when she first signed her contract, she had entered Sublime with high hopes. At least, she once had faith in Yeji.

Throughout this entire time, Kangjun had been waiting at the entrance. Upon seeing Jooeun, he immediately ran up and asked. "What did you guys talk about?"

"Haven't you already inquired about this mess?" Jooeun questioned him back. She was sure he'd already asked the staff at Sublime.

"Did Yeji really treat you in such an extreme way?"

"I'm afraid something even more extreme is on its way." Jooeun replied. Her voice was calm, but it seemed to contain a sense of bitterness.

"All I want is what I deserve. I don't steal nor snatch. I depend on my own abilities. Yet, why must things be so hard? I guess if even my fiancée could become someone else's, what's so strange about a friend becoming an enemy?"

After hearing Jooeun's words, Kangjun didn't know how to refute them. After all, he was too familiar with the pain associated with a friend's betrayal.

"Kangjun, I think you might be out of luck. I've just threatened Yeji."

"What you've done is not a threat. You never say anything you aren't sure of and never do anything you aren't certain about." Kangjun looked at Jooeun calmly. He had faith in her.

Frozen by the agency? Can't she get herself out of it?

Kangjun looked at Jooeun's comfortable expression, he didn't believe it would be a problem for her at all. However, in order to improve Jooeun's mood, he decided to contact Taejoo so he could notify Jeonghwan of what had happened. After finding out the whole story, Jeonghwan's eyes were terrifyingly cold and piercing. Even Taejoo had never seen the president reveal such a frightening expression...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter