Chapter 106: These Two Have an Unusual Connection

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"President Lee, did something happen?" Taejoo guessed after seeing the expression on Jeonghwan's face.

"The people at JYP have taken Minjung and are forcing Jooeun to have dinner with them. It seems they are going to pressure her into signing a contract."

"But JYP has been operating legally in recent years, it doesn't seem like they would result to such despicable methods." Taejoo is worried as he thought about how JYP used to be: they had once force-fed drugs into the mouth of a female celebrity, causing her to commit suicide – the incident went viral back in the days. After the incident, the company swapped out their boss and turned over a new leaf, no longer partaking in illegal activities. Yet, how could they be so brave as to pressure Jooeun?

"The root of evil has already been planted deep within their bones!"

"Should I take some men with me to retrieve madam?" Taejoo suggested.

"You don't need to go. I will go myself." After speaking, Jeonghwan stood up from his office chair, picked up his car keys, and left the building.

It's not that Jooeun wasn't aware of JYP's past, but so many years had already passed. Hadn't they already turned over a new leaf and seen great success as a result? Why are they suddenly using such despicable methods against her?

Jooeun rushed to the restaurant with mixed feelings, preparing herself emotionally as she approached. Back when she was in France, she had once witnessed a fit model being force-fed drugs in a hotel until she died – all because she had gotten on the bad side of a big boss. The industry had too many bitter stories; unlike the glamorous image that was portrayed to the public. Jooeun collected her thoughts and reminded herself to remain calm; she isn't alone, she had Jeonghwan.

Half an hour later, Jooeun arrived at her destination, but she didn't enter immediately. She instead waited quietly in her car. She had just sent Jeonghwan her address not too long ago, so she decided to wait for the bodyguards to arrive before she entered to look for Minjung.

10 minutes later, the bodyguards had not yet arrived, but the people at JYP had called to rush her. Jooeun put down her phone – ready to make a move – but amongst the darkness, a long arm stretched out to hold her back.

Jooeun turned around cautiously. Realizing it is Jeonghwan's arm, she let out a sigh of relief. "Why are you here?"

"Let's go in first." Jeonghwan placed his arm over her shoulder and hurried her into the restaurant. He bypassed all the staff and headed straight for the VIP room. The people at JYP would never imagine Jeonghwan would make an appearance with Cha Jooeun.

The entire incident stemmed from the reporter, Yoo Minshik. He is the godson of JYP's CEO. After suffering a big loss today, he, of course, had to find a way to fight back. As for JYP, after being rejected by Jooeun so many times, they had long held a grudge against her. After finding out his godson had suffered a loss because of Cha Jooeun, the president swiftly put together today's scene to scare t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter