CHAPTER 6: Returning to the Position of Top Model

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Of course not, the timing isn’t right!

Jeonghwan knew what she was thinking, so he grabbed the phone and handed it to her. Jooeun did not step aside to take the phone call. Instead, she confidently pressed the answer button, right in front of Jeonghwan.

“Jooeun, where are you right now?”

“I was afraid the reporters would find me, so I found a place to hide.” Jooeun replied calmly.

“So, you’re saying you aren’t aware of the incident with Jang Minjung?” Yonghwa asked in a patient tone.

“What’s wrong with Minjung unnie? The place I have hidden in is quite remote, so I haven’t been able to keep up with what’s happening on the outside, what happened?” Jooeun tried her best to sound curious.

“Thanks to your manager, CN is now in a mess. Return to the office first, I’m going to arrange for you to hold a press conference. Jooeun, I am depending on you to clear CN’s name.”

Press conference? More like another opportunity for him to throw the blame on me. Did he really think I am still that naïve?

Jooeun hung up the phone in disgust, when suddenly Jeonghwan began to speak.

“I’ve already saved my number in your phone. Anytime you need me, give me a call and let me know what you want to do.”

“Thank you, Jeonghwan.”

“You shouldn’t be calling me that.” Jeonghwan unfolded his legs and pulled Jooeun to his side, “Call me something else…or I won’t let you go.”

Jooeun blushed as she whispered shyly, “H-hubby…” A rare smile appeared on Jeonghwan’s face.

“Come on, I’ll drop you off at work. Remember what you promised…don’t get too close to another man.” Jooeun knew exactly what Jeonghwan was referring to. She responded with a reassuring smile and a hopeful look in her eyes for Jeonghwan to trust her. Jeonghwan’s heart skipped a beat. Between the two of them, there was nothing more to say.

 

In just 40 minutes, Jeonghwan had successfully driven Jooeun to a location close to CN Entertainment. As the King of Entertainment, he knew all the deepest, darkest secrets of the industry. Hence, he was curious as to how Jooeun intended on turning the tables to retrieve her position as top model.

Jooeun knew what she was getting herself into. It was clear that this was a game where she had to keep her cards hidden, whilst her enemies had already laid their cards on the table. If she couldn’t change the outcome even after swapping out her entire hand, then she would have to admit defeat.

After stepping out of Jeonghwan’s car, she accessed the building through a secret walkway. As soon as the staff spotted Jooeun, the room was filled with mixed reactions of disgust, hate and mockery; as if they were sure Minjung’s revelations were all under Jooeun’s directions. Jooeun pretended not to notice. She walked over to Yonghwa’s room and pushed open the door as her gaze met the back of his head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter