Chapter 79: Standing Side-by-side

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After leaving the hotel, Yonghwa dragged his lifeless body through the streets. So this is how it felt to be betrayed; anger, embarrassment, shame, and loss of control, a thousand emotions coursed through his veins.

For Shinhye, he had given up everything. He even broke up with Jooeun. Yet, in the end, this is what he got in return: catching her in bed with someone else. He felt that his sincere heart had been played like a game by Shinhye.

So back when Jooeun discovered him cheating with Shinhye, this is how she felt. He wanted to crumble Shinhye in his hands; he wanted to skin her and break all her bones. But even if he did all that, it still would not be enough to curb his hatred because he had already given so much and sacrificed so much of his youth.

For Shinhye, he threw away Jooeun and abandoned his sister; he gave up everything to help her advance. In exchange, he found her in bed with someone else. The indescribable pain is rooted in his heart as it sprouted into anger and other complicated emotions, swallowing him whole. Three years of love ended in nothing.

Jooeun.

He had once treated Jooeun in the same way. Thinking of Jooeun, he remembered all the humiliation and torture he had put her through. If this is meant to be the most painful form of karma, he is already at the point where he’s in so much pain he’d rather die. He kneeled on the floor defeated; this kind of humiliation, he would only allow it to happen once!

In the end, Yonghwa phoned Jooeun. In a calm voice, he spoke. “Jooeun, can you come back?”

On the other end of the phone, Jooeun is packing her and Jeonghwan’s luggage. Hearing Yonghwa’s question, she’s slightly stunned. “What do you mean?”

“Come back to my side. I’ll give the best to you.”

Jooeun stopped what she’s doing. Her eyes contained a sense of ridicule that Yonghwa could not see. “If I want something, I can get it myself. I don’t need you. President Jung, if that’s it, I will hang up first.”

“Can you not leave CN?”

Jooeun hung up the phone without responding and continued to pack her luggage. She could roughly guess what had happened between Shinhye and Yonghwa. Originally she thought she would look forward to this day, but this isn’t the result she wanted to see. Yonghwa is turning back, not because he’s truly regretful, but because he probably experienced the same kind of betrayal as her.

Not long after, Jeonghwan packed away his documents and headed into the bedroom. Seeing Jooeun standing beside the bed in a daze, he stretched out his arms and hugged her. “Sorry, I’ve been working till so late.”

Jooeun returned Jeonghwan’s hug as she tried her best to absorb the warmth from his body. “I know you are trying to make time to go overseas with me.”

“What’s wrong?” Jeonghwan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter