Chapter 70: Being Set Up

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Bright Night Gala, in reality, is also a night of paving the path for Jooeun. Once again, Jooeun destroyed all hopes CN had of suppressing her. At the same time, at the launch ceremony, a small newcomer like herself that shouldn't have gotten much notice, because of Jeonghwan and her own calm demeanor, ended up leaving a lasting impression on everyone. Amongst these people were leading professionals in the fashion industry including the CEO of YG Entertainment who had previously given her an offer.

Cha Jooeun, a model that YG had tried to poach multiple times. A model that had been blacklisted by SM Entertainment 3 years ago and ended up announcing a comeback 3 years later. Someone that had been schemingly suppressed, yet she managed to calmly get to where she is today; even being fortunate enough to take a photo with the CEO of GK.

Because of all this, the CEO of YG Entertainment, approached Yonghwa before the launch ceremony is over and said, "I've been trying to poach Cha Jooeun for 3 years now, yet she's never accepted my offer even once. However, looking at how CN has been treating her, I feel like I need to try again."

Yonghwa looked at the tall, built, and powerful man before him. Originally he is going to say this is a matter that concerned CN themselves, but thinking about all the years Jooeun had been with CN and how she had not only been loyal to him but also missed many opportunities, Yonghwa's mouth twitched a little but no words came out.

"When that time comes, don't regret it."

Yonghwa is silent because the man before him had a more capable agency than his. At the same time, his mind is a mess, because he had never expected Jooeun would ever leave CN. It turned out, all along he had been too focused on himself: on one side he was cheating with Shinhye, on the other he was hanging on to Jooeun. Never had he considered Jooeun is a gem; her tolerance, all that she had given, her honesty, all of it would cease someday.

"Yonghwa, don't tell me you are feeling merciful?" Ryeowon exclaimed loudly upon noticing her brother was unusually quiet.

"No way!" Yonghwa wrapped his arm around Shinhye as he responded stubbornly. However, the fear in his heart is slowly seeping through. It's a bright night. Lights are flashing and wine glasses clinked. At this moment, Yonghwa and Jooeun's distance is no longer as simple as a few rows of seats.

After the launch ceremony is over, 1stLook's editor recommended Jooeun to multiple fashion companies and personalities as they mingled amongst the guests. During one of their conversations, Mr. Graham couldn't help but ask out of curiosity. "Where is your manager? May I meet him? I feel like we got along really well during our conversations."

After hearing Mr. Graham's request, she's dumbfounded for a moment as she looked around the hall for Jeonghwan. Finally, she spotted him clinking wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter