Chapter 57: The Last Gamble

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Needless to say, Jooeun's ruthlessness is enough to make the Yonghwa that had Shinhye in his embrace realize he had never truly understood her. He is ridiculously wrong about her. The girl that had once been willing to do anything for him no longer showed him any mercy. Even if she is to exhaust all the strength in her body, the purpose would be to make Shinhye crumble beneath her feet.

It's only because it isn't his turn yet, that he didn't feel any urgency.

Outside the arrivals gate, Jooeun's fans are scattered all over the place. Some are holding signs with Jooeun's name on it, others are screaming her name. Originally, this is something CN should have been proud of, but deep down, Yonghwa isn't even the tiniest bit happy. Jooeun's value had now increased dramatically and she is no longer under the control of CN. Apart from placing all his hope on Ryeowon, there's nothing else he could do. Otherwise, he would only fall into the depths of the abyss along with Shinhye.

Did he really have no choice but to contact his mother?

Jooeun's return is full of glory. After signing the deal with IPKN, she is pretty much guaranteed that every job she took from now on would be even better. Most importantly, her low-profile personality meant she never depended on creating hype to gain people's attention. This helped her gain many loyal fans. As a result, her foundation is stable and she now occupied a spot in the modeling industry.

Yonghwa looked at the news about Jooeun and Shinhye, his eyebrows scrunched up. After returning home, he ignored Shinhye and locked himself in his room to make some phone calls. Shinhye felt uneasy about this because she knew CN did not solely belong to Yonghwa. With her current bad reputation, Yonghwa would definitely be trapped in a difficult position between her and the company.

"Seokho, help me find out who the judges are for the Top Ten Model Awards."

"Shinhye, what do you want to do?" Shinhye's assistant had mixed emotions. "Don't do anything silly. I'm sure if you just rest, with time, you can return to the runway."

"Without the last gamble, I am not willing to give up. Just go do what I asked you to do. How long do you think Yonghwa can endure? CN's shareholders are pressuring him non-stop to give up on us; it's only a matter of time. Do you want to return to your life of opening a stall by the side of the street?"

Shinhye's assistant froze for a moment. He obviously didn't want to do as she requested. He also didn't want Shinhye to go down a dangerous path. By doing what he assumed she'd do, she would be putting a tear in her relationship with Yonghwa, one that may never be reversed. But he knew, apart from sleeping with one of the judges, what else could she do to turn the tables?

"Shinhye, you still have a child in your stomach."

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing." Shinhye said with a solemn expression

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter