Chapter 245: Selling Point Everywhere

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Any artist that got a chance to appear on Go Show was popular, capable, and received positive feedback from industry professionals. It’s a risqué Korean talk show that tackles the ins and outs of dating, relationships, family, and past life. The program is really a break from tradition because such topics are not typically openly discussed in Korean culture. But viewers, especially those in their 20s and 30s, have positively supported the show, the hosts of which have to carefully maintain the balance between being interesting and not being vulgar.

As for Jooeun, she was, after all, a vicious person, in all aspects. Most importantly, her invite came directly from the organizers of the program because she had more talking points than some of the top actors and actresses.

Even though the predicted recovery time for Jooeun’s hip injury was at least 10 days, the interview would not require her to partake in any strenuous activity, so it wasn’t much of a burden for her.

2 days later, Jooeun barely just managed to get out of bed. As she sat in the living room watching the TV, an interesting news story popped up.

“Yesterday morning, one of our reporters received news that the once-famous model Irene Kim was spotted heading to a hotel room with a ‘famous director’, merely 3 days after announcing her retreat. Afterward, a tape was circulated online and the ‘famous director’ was investigated. It turns out the ‘famous director’ was actually a scam artist, making the once-famous model no different to a wh*re with a miserable fate.”

“After the incident, our reporter confirmed with the hospital that Irene Kim had made a failed attempt at suicide and is currently making a recovery. Photos obtained from the hospital show a huge change in Irene Kim’s appearance with her body looking shockingly withered.”

“She deserves it!” Minjung exclaimed at the TV as she sat beside Jooeun. “However, her reaction was too extreme. After all, she was the one that went seeking trouble!”

Jooeun leaned back on the cushion behind her with a mysterious expression. It was hard to guess what was on her mind as her face remained unusually calm. She didn’t say anything, but it didn’t mean the netizens wouldn’t make their own assumptions.

“I heard from friends in the industry that this was GK’s ruthless attempt at pushing Irene Kim into a dead end.”

“I don’t think GK did anything wrong. By announcing her retreat from the industry, Irene Kim suggested she was the instigator behind Cha Jooeun’s injury. The stage was so high. For her to fall off, it was lucky she didn’t lose her life. With the way that GK usually handles matters, there was no way they’d let her off. It’s not like Irene Kim stepped out to apologize for what she’s done.”

“That’s right! GK was ruthless, but they didn’t force Irene Kim to climb into someone’s bed. If she wanted to retreat, she should have retreated cleanly. No one would have bothered to do anything to her.”

“Regardless, this is proof that the people at GK should not be offended. From now on, everyone needs to be wary of them.”

“Especially if one comes across Cha Jooeun, they should quickly avoid her. Her manager is too powerful. Even as an outsider of the industry, I am afraid.”

“From now on, who would dare to have their way with Cha Jooeun?”

Minjung browsed through the comments online and glanced at Jooeun. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter